1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

They Do on the Millenium Falcon !!!!!!!!!- Always bet on black !!! Don't Piss off The wookie and Don't do the Brown Acid and stay off the towers !!!!!- And don't you eat that Yellow snow words to live by !!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. nemo78221

nemo78221 Member

my second dive at my local bb turned up 53 cases mostly the green game cases.i actually didnt have to dive as the cases were in a box right next to the dumpster.i also found an apex dvd player in the dumpster but it wasnt working kept reading all my original and backup dvd's as bad discs so i gave that one away to a friend,maybe he'll be able to fix that one.cant say enough how much great stuff is thrown by bb.thanks to all my afterdawn buds,free is free and happy diving.thanks bigtoxy

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

_
    nemo78221- Great !!! I was By my Local ? well Favorite anyways ! BB and The Dumpsters had been recently Dumped So No cases per Se' But managed to find A dvd of Season 2 of lost DVD #6 - Not really my show -Lost Jumps around To much and never seemed to have a Cohesive storyline IMHo anyway !But as You just said and Our Favorite Spiritual leader , Guru and Deacon Of Dumpster-Daring Do Jvc saya "FREE IS FREE !!!!!" I Love it when the cases are already Bagged up And the Bags are'nt busted or If they are boxed it makes things so mych easier ! well Good Luck and Dive safe My friend !!!!

4. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Yeah, but the whole bagged thing isn't really diving in its purest form. It's sort of like shooting baskets with a softball; you know, dorking the fat girl at the pageant (I would never do that). I say, if you don't get durty, it ain't divin'. And I'd have to check but we may need a call on Nemo's outside the dumpster catch. Bylaw Section 2 Part 9 clearly states that catches outside the boundary of the subject dumpster shall not be considered as dived but are collateral in nature, unless ruled as such by the Grand Dumpster Wizard or his agent. Now that being said, it appears BigT has a relationship w/ Nemo that may compromise his decision, therefore excluding him from making a determination in this case. I'm afraid this may have to go right back to JVC for resolution. I'd hate to lose the Grand Prize Dumpster Tongs on a technicality (I'm still hoping for that big score that will put me back in the game).

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

bylaw passes ruling, diving out & collateral in.

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Damn. I knew sooner or later Homeland Security would get involved. I can feel my tongs slipping away.
    DDP=(Had to edit that....HS sounded more appropriate).

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

as long as tong or gripping device is inside of dumpster then still good.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

- HOWEVER you slice the Pizza it still Taste the same ! Details , Details ! Yeah Technically Using a Grabber or Grabbing a Bag Or Box Full of DVD cases , Movies, Poster's or Other { BOOTIE } { Argh!!!} Isn't Dumpster Diving ? But Technically When your Burning a CDR or DVD-R or DVD+R or DVD+R DL your not making a CD or DVD cause they are Pressed like Vinyl Records Are/were ( He remembers Vinyl ! he must Be the Ancient one ?} But I'n common non -Tweek terms most people say they're Making a DVD or CD ! So I say Whatever works Boxes , Bags , Grabbers ,Hooks ext... !!!! Besides I've Seen the Inside of enough Dumpsters in my Life - Why dou you think sQuatch's Smell Like Garbage ? - I think With all respect To DDp that THe Ruling should Be amended to that if Your Head and upper torso ( from waistline to Topknot ) Are inside the Dumpster Then your Diving !!!! IMHO anyway !!! Besides - Cat Tranquilizers Give me really bad Hangovers ( Ketamine) And I take Offense at Being referred to in the Tranquilizer label as a Sub-Human Primate !!!!-But those are Just Technicalitites !!!! right !!! And it was'nt till recently That I started Finding Bags !normally the BB clerks overload the bags if they use them at all so when they Chuck'em it's DVD case Pinata`- Tyme !!!! But to each their own I suppose ? And to quote the Cosmic Guru and Deacon of Dumpster-Daring Doo !!! Jvc " free IS FREE "

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bigtoxy

I am old enough to have some of these, that weren't vinyl.

78 rpm materials

Early disc records were made of various materials including hard rubber. From 1897 onwards, earlier materials were largely replaced by a rather brittle formula of 25% shellac, a filler of a cotton compound similar to manila paper, powdered slate, and a small amount of a wax lubricant. The mass production of shellac records began in 1898 in Hanover, Germany, and continued until the end of the 78-rpm format in the late 1950s. "Unbreakable" records, usually of celluloid on a pasteboard base, were made from 1904 onwards, but they suffered from an exceptionally high level of surface noise. "Unbreakable" records could be bent, broken, or otherwise damaged; but not nearly as easily as shellac records. Vinyl was first tried out as a 78 rpm record material in 1940 due to material restrictions. Decca introduced vinyl "Deccalite" 78s after the Second World War, and Victor made some vinyl 78s, but other labels would restrict vinyl production to the newer 33 and 45 formats.

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- FWIW I inherited some Old 78's from a dear old friend of my Sainted Maternal Grandmother ! And even a 16 and a few oddballs like a Bakelite Copy ? Of IT's a long way to Tiperary ? and some single sided Recodings for the victrola Talking machine SAdly My Grandmothers Friend and Grandmother are both Gone now as are the recordings ! Don't give gold yo children they'll Probably just Eat it ! Anyhow I don't know if they were the Unbrakeable Records of Which you spoke of but a Friend of my sister Sat on a stack of some of the old records and The Crackd and Broke and appeared to be Cardboard inside - ? Ah the wonders of technology = Open reels , 8tracks , Cassettes , MiniDisc , Betamax those was the Days !!!! Huge 6GB hDD's too - & To Quote Bucaroo BonZai " No Matter Where You Go ? There you are !!!!" Cheers Buddy !!!

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I've had every technology since there were records and up. Had a 78 player and then the RCA 45 player then a 33 all by the time in high school. Wish I had the 45 player back they are so cool.

Have a good Mother's Day where ever you'll be celebrating. Leaving now for festivities.

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon-Same To you & yours !!!!- Wife Got jewelery , A blender , A Magic Bullet Blender , Clothes & Tumblebugs 2 So she's a Happy Camper !!! {FOR NOW !!!!!!.....} Me I'm a thinking of ordering a Set of Toner cartridges For the Dell Laser Printer ( Comes with the 1000page Cartridges But The replacements are 2000 pagers ( @ 5% coverage ) will have to do some shopping I guess ???? Anyway Enjoy The Family Holiday and Keep up The Good Work Ciao !!!!!

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Now I know How Bill Murray Felt IN GroundHogs Day !!!!! - I went to my 3 regulars this A.M. the First Had Nothing in the First Dumpster ( New Style with the low Front } THe second one -Old Style same hieght all around 4 Bags with 280 Cases And suffice to say my $3.00 Harbor Frieght Grabber Earmed its keep there ! Onward to the Next location - Nothing but Trash and Demilled ( Destroyed movies ) Probably the same ones that were there last week !!!!. Third Location Damn BlockBuster Clerk Walking around the Parking Lot Having a Smoke !!!!! Curse You Blockbuster Nerd !!!!!!ARgh!!!!! Still not a Bad Haul for a few minutes work !!!!! - For RippDogg I don't Know if you consider that a Dive But I got the Goods So I'm Happy ( Good Luck and have safe and Prosperous Dives Everyone }!!!!!Ciao y'all !!!!!

14. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Excellent diving by all accounts, my boy! You'll have to get yourself a "County Dumpster Inspector" magnet for your vehicle to sidestep unoccupied employees. I include them in my Junior Dumpster Diver Kits that I sell on eBay (*Not an endorsement or recommendation for goods or services, although this kit [which includes starter tongs, inspector magnet, splatter-proof plastic bags, and a golf towel] is far superior to other dumpster diving kits on the market in every respect and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee). Tell 'em RippDogg sent you and I'll throw in a coupon for ten free dives at my new Dumpster Adventure, next to the climbing wall @ Ten Oaks Mall.

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Of course I Could Just Get a Crossbow And PLay Mutual Of Omaha { Wild KIngdom )And Dart The Suckers With Some Ketamine ( Cat & SUBHUMAN Primate TranQuilizer !!!!!! THat Would Be Poetic JUstice Don'T Ya' Think????? - I Figure That They all Must have A Hot Date With the NEptune's Manager LadY in the Backroom ? WHy else would you show up 2-3 hours before the store opens & Not getting Paid for it either ???? - On the Magnet Business ? I Got A Digital Camera & Two printers I think I can manage ? - Besides Who's gonna Believe A sasQuatch is a Dumpster INspector anyways ? - I say Take a GOOD look at the truck & Unifioorms Take a PIcture of the Logo & Print your own magnet then scour the Second hand stores for a uniform !!!!- No worries as the CRocodile Dundee Would say There are Other Dumpsters & Other Blockbusters just not as close ! What can I say it's like Peanuts or PacMan it's just so darn addictive !!!!!- Well That's about it Go Forth My Son and Sin no more Cheers !!!

16. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Now RippDogg I don't know if I could trust your dumpster diving kit with free coupons or buy a car from you!I know where 12 oaks mall but it seems you have me over the barrel with 10 Oaks mall. Could this be a snipe hunt by chance? LOL By the way last diveat BB I was greeted by the County Mounty and had to share the small haul with him.! Of course he took the dry ones.In need of a very good book on making furniture out of cases. RippDogg , maybe.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  17. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

@ BigT-You might have to wear a helmet-mounted camera when you dart the sucker; video of a wookie w/ a crossbow and a camera strapped to his head chasing a hapless, squealing BB worker around a parking lot at 7am is bound to get a few hits.

@ Chris-I haven't done much w/ the furniture but I've got a few ideas brewing (Halloween-Dumpster of Doom, Christmas-DumpsterHolidayLand, Easter-Colored Cases, etc). It seems like the furniture thing could float (lol) but external suppliers would surely catch on and next thing you know I'm into some Cincinnati case dealer for great sums and he's got fat guys in Reds jerseys threatening to break my legs. Nah, I'll stick to my business plan. Besides, with all the layoffs up here, these kits are selling like crazy.

18. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Ah don't worry about them fat guys in Red Jerseys their all old and slow like their Uncle Pete! JVC and BigToxy taught me free is free but didn't warn about the addiction part and no self respecting treatment centers will accept me.So now the neighbors are on me to mow the grass but the lawn mower is somewhere in the shed with the cases! Maybe i'll make a patio with them paint the black ones green and put lights in the green ones to light my way!

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- BEARS & WOOKIEES ????????? - If I did'nt Have such A good Self Image & Think So very Highly of My own self Worth MY feelings if I had them? would be Hurt !!! - Bears Are Garbage Raiders and Picnic Basket Thieves !!!!!! - And Wookies who I guess Are Distantly Related to sQuatches in the same vein perhaps as a SeaCow a Elephant and a HYrax are Related are Basically a AnthropoMorphism of GeorGe Lucas's Dog - GRanted The Dog happens to Pack a PhaseIII Quarktron Blaster has 4inch Long Fangs is 8.5 Ft tall and will rip both of your arms off and beat you to death with them if you Piss him off in a Holographic 3-D chess match !!! or If you Swipe the last of his scooby snax !!!!!- Let's Face it Diplomacy isn't know to be a Wookiee Long suit !!!!! Other Than Kickin' A** & Taking names , Holographic Chess, and Ruining Ewok Women for Other Ewoks ! They're Biggest Talent is Projectile Hairball Spitting !!! With Deadly Accuracy !!!! And you though Camels were Disgusting ? sQuatches on the Other hand or A more Noble Breed !!!! Legs Like Oak tress , Claws like Railroad Spikes !!!, and A Smile that Would make Donny & Marie Commit Sideways !!!! But Then I suppose I am a little biased on that Issue? But Then again I don't have Fleas & Ticks and have to get Rabies shots every year either So all in all it's good to be the King !!!!! {THANK you Very MucH } - Ladies and Gentleman -Toxy has Left the Dumpster LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

20. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

ROTFLMAO...