1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

BooyaH!!!- Well it was'nt an official Diving trip yesterday but seeing as I was going to be in town ! and I was there anyways I hit My regular 1st location I got about Six cases there !! . Being it was my Day off { tree Pushing and scaring HUnters is hard work!!!} I was tooling around town and Scaring the Villagers /Towns folk??? anyways I went to another BB that I normal don't visit {To far away !!} But what the HeY ?? I went there anyways !! I Got about 14-15 cases and about 4 Movies their !! SO between Tuesday & yesterday I Did okay, Not great ,Not F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S !!!!! , But okay !!! LIke THe Great One - Grand Poobah , Guru and Spiritual leader, Big Muckity MUck !!!, EXalted Ali-Baba of THe Shrine !!! & Lord High Everything Else !!!! JVC says " FREE IS FREE !!!!!" SO Everyone I Find is One less I'll Have to BUY !! BYE NOW !!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Civic Duty!!!!! - Todays Show Is cancelled Due to Jury Duty !!! Ain't That a Biyotch ???????????!!!!!!"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri." Magrathea

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

hEAR yE !! HEAR ye !!! hEAR yE !!!- I did manage to check one Location today ! I scrounged 16 cases But 8 were umD or CHip/Memory ? card Game cases so They don't Count ! in my Book Anyways 1 - I Got released from My CiviC duty Everyone Pleaded Guilty so the Judge let us go early Yea Me !!!! I do plan to check a few other Locations tommorow If possible and will Post if I find anything worth the mention !! Till Then in the words of the Late Great Comedian Red Skelton " Goodnight & May God Bless !!!" Ciao Y'all !!!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ell me and my youngest son are out and about on the wifes new laptop.. yup im out getting free WIFI and diving.. im actually in BB parkinglot now. looking into the dive,,,not a thing but some empty beer bottles,,, off to another spot..

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- well I made a morning Creep !!! {Read Dive Here } I managed to get a medium sized Box Full ! I have'nt Counted them up yet But Guestimated @ aBout 30-50ish maybe ? will Update official count later ! I did Get Several Wire Racks/Shelves at my last stop ! Have'nt quite decided on how and where I'll use them but as our Spirital Leader , Mentor , Guru , Grand Poobah , Exalted Ali -Baba of The Sacred Dumpster and Lord High Everything Else!!!!! JVC says 'FREE IS free !!!!!" So I would'nt complain about them ! I also got two loose leaf Binder But 1t was broken so i re-trashed it if That's a real word ? anyhow happy hunting oh Great REd 1 and keep an eye on the Childrens !!!! Ciao & Good Luck !!!! - ****************50 CASES I COUNTED OKAy!!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

To all My Brethren , Sistren ? or Cisterns ? Enjoy your Holiday Weekend - To Dumpsterfinity and Beyond !!!!! Ciao !

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Dumpster Diving ? Or Curb Shopping ???- WEll Technically I would suppose that this particular Find would actually be considered more Curb shopping then Dumpster Diving Because there was'nt an actual Dumpster ? I Found a Really nice Staionary Exercize Bike About a mile from my house . Someone had put it out for the Garbageman !!! - I Had initailly passed it up because someone was right behind me in a van & I could'nt stop right then . But I did make a U -Turn and pick it up a minute or two later ! - I checked it out it works and the computer/lcd-screen works too ! It does'nt appear to be worn out ( The adjustable resistance is still resisting ) THat's why most people throw them out !!! . Other than needinga little dusting & cleaning it might need a few bolts tightened a turn or so but that's it . So It was'nt in a Dumpster it's still Recycling ( Cycling Get it ???? ) okay that was lame I know But That's All I have for now Cheers and Happy Holidays Yo!!!

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that reminds me of my freebe hp laser printer i found on the side of the road with a bunch of other stuff. grabbed 2 keyboards then decided to try out the printer so took it home & it powered up. connected it to my laptop which found it, loaded it's drivers & printed a test page. has 3 trays with the bottom tray section removeable & still using it with the cartridge it came with 2 yrs later even tho i bought a new toner cartridge for it as didn't know how long it will last.

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Well, I got a bit of a haul....not really a dumpster dive, but a friend of mine had a roommate leaving, and decided to help her move...by taking a 100ct spindle of lightscribe dvd's. Good thing I have an external dvd burner that does lightscribe.

They are labeled Aleratec LightScribe dvd-r 16x 100pk.

Dvd identifier labels them as Moser Baer, MBI 01RG40.

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Iit's Alive and it's back- went for a little r&r but like heartburn bad crabgrass or unwelcome house guest you just can't keep me down for long!!!!!

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

WHO'D HAVE THUNKED IT ?- Well I was'nt planning it but ! , I went to make a lookie-Loo in El DumpsteriN0 Uno !!!! and Found about 5 Of JVC 's [ Once thought to ne Mythical Clear Garbage Bags !!!!!} full of DVD cases . I wasn't expecting to find anything mind you , As I had just checked that same Dumpster yeaterday and it had been freshly Dumped already !!!. It was not my usual day to dive but I'm not complaining ! I did'nt have the time to count 'em up but I did rebag them and will Sort & tote'm tomorrow . Some were a Lil' Moistly But Whar's A little water To a swampdweller anyway ? - I'll try to update this reportage soon till then Dive safe, Dive Well & happy Hunting

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice find buddy. :)

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman-It does'nt Hurt That aQuatches have Webbed Feet ! or that my Mother Was Scared by a Duck when she was Carrying ME !!!! -Atleast that's what they Tell Me !!! - Other than That I can only add - AFLACCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's a 5 letter dirty word in my office... LOL. :p

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman- Well we have that 3 letter company @ sQuatchley Acres and they still make us pay for part of it ( insurance ) besides the copay !!!!! - But Still better tahn paying all of it every month !!! - Cheers Buddy !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Try being self employed. You get to pay for all the insurance plus any copays and huge deductibles just to afford it!

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- I sympathizes with ya's buddy but on the Positive side for you ! 1.0 Your always agree with the boss if they're you 1
    2.0 The wife won't mind if you chase the Sexcretay around the Office ! -As long as she's the Sexcretay!!!!.
    3.0 The Only Union you have to Deal with is the One of Wedded Bliss lol!!!.
    4.0 LOL ect.......!!!!! Ciao Buddy

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

[iYES SIR, YES SIR 7 BaGs Full!!!!!][*****]

I went Diving ? fishing ? take your pick ? THis morning And The First stop had only 4 cases But To be fair It produced Beaucoup for me a few days ago 5-30 gallon trash bags full Count ? had'nt gotten to them yet 1 Today the 2cnd Stop on my Dumpster Tour Provided 6 -30 gallon Bags full plus one Big clear jvc Bag full so 7 Bags and the ragged Tiger ? anyaways I suppose i'll Be Counting and sorting tomorrow and putting them into totes good thing I stocked up on Totes when wallyworld had the Groovy colored ones on-sale huh? anyays other than getting a little dirty and some of t he cases being freshly pickled in dumspter Gumbeaux Not a bad morning after all ! Stop number three was occupied by the BlockBuster Nerd so It was El Paso on that one atleast for today anyways! Besides i had the Bed of the sQuatch-Mobile Nearly Full So I probably Could'nt have Rescued many more anyways ? Anyhow I'll Try to post My results once I get totals counted anmd sorted ! till Then Dive safe, Dive often and happy Dumpster- Fishy -Tyme to everyone !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Quantity Still Unknown ???- I confess !!,I confess !!, I killed Papa Doc With My Voodoo !!! Please Don,t Hit me Again !!! LOL!. - Really though I have'nt Been Able to Get To the 12 Bags Of DVD cases Just Yet That was This weeks haul plus last saturdays Collection trip ! I've Been Working on a few Burning Issues ! Tv Series , Shopping for a new Ups Backup unit ! My Apc Back-Up Pro Is registering Bad batteries and replacement would cost more than a new Unit would So I'll Prolly justy get another unit ! Sadly One of our Local Non-Blockbuster video-stores has Gone Belly up ! I did Manage to get a Dvd Rack & task chair out of them for free so I guess that falls under Curb/Sidewalk shopping instead of Dumpster Diving ! I did try to check their dumpster but there are several behind the store & dis'nt see any cases there ! I did find one on the Ground though so I took that . I know I sound like Promising Joe !! but I'll Try to get the Count for the last two trips up soon If I can ? Till Then Happy Trails To you !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

390 And Counting!!!!

Well I got started on my counting and storing Dvd cases from the previous 2 trips . I stopped temporarily @ 390 with about 4 Garbage bags to go !!! So final count will be ? but I'll let ya' know when I know okay ? Sad news !! My second Stop on my regular Dumpster excursion is No more ! BB has closed that store saying the location has moved and refering customers to the other two nearby locations ! Sad to see it go ! but I'll live ! As Scarlett O'hars said " Tommorows another day !!!" and as JVC Probably would say ? " I'll never go Caseless again !!!" I did make a Belated dive this mourning 09/23/09 and managed to scrounge about 1/2 to 3/4 of a Garbage bag full . Not a big haul but still free for now so Not complaining in the least ! anyway will post final totals when I'm done and hope all is right with everyones world /Dumpster Take your pick !!! Ciao daddio !!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009