1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi dialysis. Am i not using the guide correctly though? is there a more thorough guide available regarding fab and its functions? it'll do it w/the audio streams too and all i need is ac3/5.1. thnx.

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

After you remove the check from the last subtitle you want to remove, then double click in the window below it. That should remove all highlights. Hope that works it did on mine. :)

3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

i'm gonna get to this now. i'll post back w/any ?'s orresults. thnx ferguj1.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I have a question... think it fits best here rather tha starting a topic about it.

I installed fab yesterday for somebody.. latest free version from the site..

Trying to run just fab it errors out and refuses to run. Soooooo.. platinum is a trial, we give that a go and it worked fine..

Decided to give fab another try more to note the error than anything and that also worked fine..

My question.. Is this normal behaviour? Should I be surprised if it happens next time I install and show somebody how to use it?

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No, it should work just fine. I only usually use Platinum, but i noticed the other day that i had long ago inadvertantly stopped downloading/installing the DVDFab Decrypter updates, so i installed 5.1.0.0 and it worked fine. (i used to install both each time there was an update released but i must've forgotten due to using Platinum for ages).

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Hey Jan.
    Strange indeed. I have Platinum on one PC and HD Decrypter on the other, and both worked fine last time i used them. (the new Hulk movie, i ripped with both just for poo-poos and hahas)

Did it give any kind of error, or maybe the task time bar just kept going up, or did it not even attempt it properly?
    Sometimes enabling/disabling PathPlayer helps.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hang on i made a booboo. Just installed the free version on this machine (Platinum was already on here) and it installed fine. However it's still just Platinum on here, not the free version as well as Platinum. I thought it worked the way it did in 4.x where you could have both the free and paid versions on the same machine.

/me often gets confuzzled, happens when you have too many machines :)

8. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Just for the sake of numbers I will throw my reply in and agree with 7th and creaky. While I only run Platinum now, I never had any issue in the past when using HD Decrypter.

9. varnull

varnull Guest

Clean first time install.. it's done it twice to me. the free will not start until you have run the platinum trial once.

Next xp machine comes in the house will try again and take a screenshot of the error. If I wasn't so tired I would put a clean hdd in my bsd machine and do a clean xp install just for this.. but it's friday and last time I slept was tuesday night

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Same here. I had dvdfab HD and platinum till version 5 came out. I never had a problem with dvdfab at all. Right now, I have dvdfab platinum on both my desktop and my laptop.

11. varnull

varnull Guest

See what I mean.. everybody has already had it installed and just updating or something.. I'm on about an error which happens the first time a machine has ever seen it.

I can't go installing payware on somebody elses machine.. that's a vista trick.

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Same goes here, i have Platinum when it was 4.1.2.0 then updated to 5.X.

My Vista lappy had the trial version of Platinum (4.X) on it, which also got updated. So i've not installed version 5.X to any machine that was not an update.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Isn't there just a Fab Plat version now that's free and then after a time it reverts to DVDFab free version. Can you still get the Basic Fab version free to install? I rarely use it but have the Platinum Version.

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

15. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I did have HD Decrypter installed clean, at first, before I updated to the pay version. However, that was prior to it being bundled with the free trial of platinum, don't know if that has any affect on it.

16. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

When I got my new desktop a few months ago, I did a fresh install of dvdfab and later used my key to validate my platinum. That was almost 5 months ago. Didn't have any trouble at all with it.

17. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I use to also like to have both the free and platinum version. That way I could play w/the dvd-9 copy w/shrink or w/e and burn w/imgburn. Pacman showed me in a post how to download both by changing the path name on one so the paid version won't write over the free fab. Tried it but didn't seem to either find it or get it to work. That's what I do w/the 4 version though. it's 4 so you could have both.

If any of you could find a way to get both on the same pc to be used separately let us know. It's good to have the free as a simple version.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ZOSO

If you go to the link you provided, the download is DVDFAB 5100.exe (6.9mb). If you click on the DVDFAB Plat info button just above the free fab download it takes you to the download for DVDFAB Plat 5100.exe which is the exact DVDFAB 5100.exe file (6.9mb). I downloaded both to confirm and then deleted.

19. varnull

varnull Guest

Yeah.. it's the bundled one which displays this behaviour.. you google the app and download from the site.. the obvious link which gets the bundled installer.. I suppose I should try downloading the one Garmoon linked to for next time.

I tend to do these installations on machines which don't have an internet connection in strange shops and houses from a collection of software installers I carry round with me to help the uneducated n00b xp and fista users.

As nobody can confirm or deny my problem specifically then it's not important. I will solve it myself :)

20. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.1.0.8 Beta is out (October 30, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5108Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.1.0.8 Beta (October 30, 2008)
    New: Added support for Nero 9 burning engine.
    Fix: "Copy Non-DVD files" was broken from version 5.1.0.0.
    Fix: Windows 98/Me support was broken for some time, and now is back.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008