1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

@ garmoon

Usually if I plan to do no editing I will simply run FixVTS. However, if there are features (usually previews and directors commentary) that I wish to remove or the majority of the time I simply wish to keep the main movie and a working menu (so I retain the ability for scene selection) then I will process it with VobBlanker. Even at that I still consider my usage very basic compared to what the program is capable of and what others such as alkohol and dialysis can accomplish with it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Ok here’s a basic guide to “delete or blank” using VobBlanker

As you all know I’m not an expert on VobBlanker, if you want to learn more about VobBlanker, please ask Jsoto (the author of VobBlanker) or Blutach, or simply go here for more guides http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides.htm

However, I do use VobBlanker to “edit, blank and delete” unwanted junks on nearly 99% of all my backups prior to encode with DVD-Rebuilder Pro or transcode with Nero Recode 3.

For this basic guide, I’ll use THE DARK KNIGHT

Example 1: say I want to blank or delete VIDEO_TS.VOB

Double Click on VIDEO_TS.VOB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Example 2: say I want to Blank/Delete unwanted junks from VTS_01_*.VOB
    NOTE: not all movies are the same. Sometimes useless commercials, trailers, mpaa rating or FBI warnings may be at a different VTS_X_*.VOB. If you want to Blank or Delete any useless junks, you may have to click on any VTS and see what’s in there via VobBlanker’s preview player on upper right corner.

As you can see/tell that VTS_01_*.VOB has the main movie because it’s got the biggest file. We can see that PGC #1 under Selected TitleSet is the main movie.

Say I want to Blank out PGC 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. All I need to do is simply click on them and Blank them out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wait until VobBlanker is done and exit out. Enjoy it!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

alkohol there was this page I was referred to by one of the members when I 1st joined that had basically all the guides, or at least most of them for most of the popular proggies we use. Is that link to that page still available? I lost it. It was a while back. Thnx.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@alkohol- thanks

I have printed guide in my hand. I understand how it works but how do you know you're not deleting something that is vital and needed?? Are there instances in which, let's say, something vital is put in a preview movie segment that I don't want. In other words will Vobblanker keep me from destroying a dvd file if it's important, or will it permit me to ruin the rip????

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

If Anydvd is used to rip to HDD (not on-the-fly with Shrink) it utilizes FixVts which will clean up the unreferenced material.

DvdFab does not. Meaning when you finish the rip there still may be some junk left behind that needs a little cleaning.

Using FixVts or VobBlanker (thanks for the nice little guide Alky!) will take care of that junk though.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I guess I'll just continuing ripping with AnyDVD. Unless it can't handle one and use Fab if it can? NeroRecode seems to get rid of everything when doing movie only anyway.

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I've gotten used to the extra step, and don't really mind. But i'm a creature of habit and comfort in the process. Typically, once i find something that works and works well, i'll stick with it. I am most likely picking up Anydvd before the new year though. :)

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@7th

You won't be disappointed! Best software I ever bought for anything. The gift that keeps on giving! LMAO

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

So is fixtvs integrated into Anydvd or it's separate and Anydvd just opens it up like Fab does w/Imgburn?

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Hmmmm.... I've been gone too long and not quite sure which proggies you're looking for. I have a feeling you may be talking about "fasfrank" because I did wrote few/some guides back then and he did printed few on his page, but I'm not sure.

Any familiar names by chance?

11. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Maybe this is the link you were referring to.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/673257/4096226
    If not try the links in my sig as they both contain some links to guides as well.

12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I'm not an expert, but I believe VobBlanker shouldn't destroy any of them PGC, VTS, Cell, etc,.(especially if it's the main movie) as long as you know where the main movie is/at, it should be fine. I may be wrong, but most of the time, the "menu and main movie" is under the same VTS. Even if the preview is under the same VTS, it probably is under a different PGC# under "Selected TittleSet."

Like I said, I'm not an expert on VobBlanker, but I've been "deleting and blanking" tons of stuff using VobBlanker and I've never had any issue at all.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

It may be those, those guides are old, but still useful only the version of the programs that has changed, everthing still remain the same.

Last week I was about to write a brand new basic guide for "THE DARK KNIGHT" using DVDFab HD Decrypter + VobBlanker + Nero Recode + ImgBurn, but I guess it's not worth it (after I had a second thought). Been working lots lately, plus Christmas is around the corner that's why.

14. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@ alkohol and Ferguj1 It prolly was one of those guides, but all have been taken off the web, at least right now the links don't work, except for d
    Doom's site, Anydvd, and Afterdawn's guide section. So if you guys find out anything about this let us know. I think I might have the link in one of my old posts or messages for the one I was referring to, but if I remember correctly I think they took it off also. Alkohol's link to Jsoto and Blutach's guide is working.

Some of the links in ZOSO's guide section about proggies don't work either. Any insight into this would be appreciated as always.

15. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Hmmmmm... that's interesting.

Ya'll remembered how MacroVision took DVD Decrypter down? and then (Sony) took that once awesome program (RI4M) and it's site down (or it's backup tools & forum) cause the author was there or something similar?

Damn what a corrupted world now, LOL..!!!!

EDITED: For a second thought, I'm scared to put/write guide now.

16. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

The forum seems to be secure w/w/e guides they have here on their own server or w/e. I feel you though. I had to ask a member at cdfreaks what was w/all the newbies crashing the updated Fab thread there and constantly complaining. Almost to the point of discouraging one to use it. My antenna went up and I immediately thought maybe these execs didn't have anything else better to do than sign up and infiltrate their forum and initiate and all out attack against Fab. The senior member told me stranger things have happened, but not to worry. Said just newbies not knowing how to work it. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Post your guide, let AD take care of any outside nonsense.That's why they're here to provide us w/all this info. Man, if I was to start going that route they'd be knocking on my door as I'm in all 3 forums. DD, AD, CDFreaks and ImgBurn. Same username also. Not looking to go schizo as of yet. Lol... Ready to join Doom's forum 1 day also.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Alkohol

For good reason too. The Below is from the link on the AD homepage when I log in. It's an advertizement for turning pirates.

Business Software Alliance

* United States

* Press Room
    * Contact BSA
    * MyBSA

* About BSA
    & Members
    * News & Events
    * Public Policy
    * Anti–Piracy
    * Research
    & Statistics
    * Tools &
    Resources
    * Report Piracy

Report Piracy

* Reporting Process
    * BSA Offices & Hotlines

# United States:
    # Report Piracy:
    # Report Piracy Confidentially

Please choose the type of software piracy you are reporting.
    I am reporting Piracy...
    By Organization
    I am reporting an organization using pirated software on its own computers. (You may be eligible for a reward.)
    By A Distributor
    I am reporting a company that distributes pirated software and/or computers with pirated software.
    Over The Internet
    I am reporting piracy that involves software offered through the World Wide Web, FTP, e-mail, bulletin boards (BBS), chat (IRC, ICQ, etc.), news groups, or any other unauthorized distribution of software using the Internet. (You may be eligible for a reward.)
    Your Report is Confidential

It is BSA's strict policy to keep all information about you confidential. BSA thanks you for your report and will not disclose your information unless required by law to do so.

* BSA Privacy Policy

Need More information?

Call the Piracy Hotline.

888.NO.PIRACY

M-F 9:30am – 6:30 PM EST

* © 2000–2008 Business Software Alliance
    * Privacy Policy
    * RSS

Big brother is watching all of us and it seems some of our neighbors! And it's this kind ironic for AD to be using them for ad revenue. I removed some of text. edit

18. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

DVDFab 5.2.1.2 Beta is out
    Dear all,

DVDFab 5.2.1.2 Beta is out (December 16, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5212Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.2.1.2 Beta (December 16, 2008)
    New: Improved Preview thread model, which can react faster and be more stable.
    Fix: A freeze problem when Preview is running in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when Preview is running in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash probem at start of converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: A/V sync problem (audio is slightly ahead of video) in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobie Option)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Sweet. Will download later. Thanks RTM for keeping us in the loop.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  20. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Thank you rtm.