1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem installing this one??

For me, the install goes through as normal, but when I click on the DVDFab icon, nothing opens.. Checked the Task Manager to see if it was running and right after I click the icon, DVDFab.exe does show up, but immediately vanishes from the active Processes list..

Tried uninstalling and re-installing and still the same.. Uninstalled and re-installed v 5.2.2.2 and its working like a charm.

Maybe a corrupted install file???

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Joleca
    I had no issues installing this update, nor any other for that matter.

Perhaps you should do a complete, clean uninstall (including a registry cleaner when everything is removed) and then install the new update.

3. vballstud

vballstud Guest

Running the new DVDFab on Disaster Movie now...

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

@vballstud

Make sure to take this into consideration:

5. bryston

bryston Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.2.6 Beta

5.2.2.6 Beta (January 8, 2009)
    New: Added support for new copy protections.
    Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
    Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

This version should fix the problems with "Bangkok Dangerous" (US) and "Disaster Movie" (US).

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5226Beta_avangate-675.exe

https://secure.avangate.com/affiliate.php?ACCOUNT=DVDFABSW&AFFILIATE=675&PATH=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdfab.com%2Ffree.htm

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5222_avangate-675.exe

6. fryerider

fryerider Member

Hello my Afterdawn Gurus and Mentors!

Well time has marched on and I have had to march with it. My beloved DVDShrink and Ripit4me have hit the wall on some of the newer movies, (I do NOT LIKE Sony!) and to keep in step I just invested in the DVDfab Platinum software. Up until now I have used nothing but free software, but this seemed great on the free trial so I jumped.

Having said all of that, I learned years ago when I was a bright shiny newbie that learning how to use a tool right is best done by asking the Afterdawn crew, so here I am.

I first did a search for threads on the DVDfab5 software, and after looking at a few this seemed like the right one. I hope so, and if not someone will surely shift my post to the thread that will allow me to ask the questions I'm having. But most of them have risen from reading this thread, so here goes.

The way I have been using the program is to rip the movie to my hard drive. Then I take VobBlanker and discard the "junks". After that I hit it with DVDShrink to fit it, and then burn with my old reliable Nero. Often I just do a "Movie Only" when shrinking, but it varies with my interest in the extras.

One thing I saw here tonight is that it might also benefit me to use FIxVTS as well. I have used it all the time when I followed the Ripit4me guide by arniebear. But I honestly never knew exactly what it did, and even when I read the guide for it I still don't really get it, other than it provides some kind of cleanup function.

So what I want to know first is if I'm using the DVDfab Platinum to its best advantage. Next, if the sequence of use that I have described is ok, or should be improved upon by making changes. After that, if I should add FixVTS in the sequence of my process. And if so, should it be before or after VobBlanker?

Last, years ago I tried Anydvd and it completely slowed down my computer when I did a free trial to the point I had to give up on it. Yet some here have expressed that it is better to have both tools, DVDfab Platinum and Anydvd. It would seem to me that they do the same thing, and I'm cheap. So what is the reason to have both instead of just one or the other?

OK, enough for now. But as always, thanks so much in advance for your help. There is no better advice found in cyberspace than the crew at Afterdawn!!

Sincerely,

Fryerider

7. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

7thsinger

Actually had tried doing the complete uninstall/re-install and still didn't work.. (I run 3 junk/reg cleaners as a rule: CCleaner, Advanced Windows Care Pro, & Vista Manager --- each one seems to pick up on different things, so pretty sure everything was cleaned out).

Anyway, just saw the post for the next updated version 5.2.2.6 Beta and this one installed without a hitch.. So, not sure what was going on, but back in the game with the latest up-to-date tools. (AnyDVD was also updated yesterday to 6.5.1.0)

8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Thanks for the update, Miss Bryston. I went to bed a couple hours before you posted and was going to check this morning. Glad to see someone else was checking for updates for dvdfab.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Bryston
    Thanks for posting the update, i'm sure plent of people were waiting on this one.

Joleca
    Odd indeed. But, glad you're up and running again.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@fryerider

One good case for having AnyDVD was the fact that it was the only thing that worked on Tuesday afternoon (on the disc I had)after the A1 scanner was disabled. DVD FabPlat never could open the harder DRM copy I had- with any options given here on Tuesday.

As for slowing down your pc, I can't imagine why? I've never experienced anything like that and Any is loaded 90% of the time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  11. bryston

bryston Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.0

January 9, 2009
    DVDFab 5.2.3.0 Updated!

* Happy New Year!
    * New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on "Bangkok Dangerous" (US) and "Disaster Movie" (US).
    * New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    * New: Increased conversion speed for "DVD to Mobile" greatly. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD like "Sleeping Beauty". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

https://secure.avangate.com/affiliate.php?ACCOUNT=DVDFABSW&AFFILIATE=675&PATH=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdfab.com%2Ffree.htm

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5230_avangate-675.exe

12. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Wow, 3 updates in a row. Gotta love them for working hard and doing their best to fix the bugs as best as they can.

Thanks again, Miss Bryston!

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Cheers!

Will download later! Glad to see Fengtao and company staying on top of this. Good work to those guys.

14. sKrEwZ

sKrEwZ Guest

I was behind on these updates. Thanks to all who keep everyone updated. I am updating to latest version now. I need to check here more often.

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You should have DVDFab set to notify you when updates are available. Then you won't be behind. :)

16. bryston

bryston Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.2

January 22, 2009
    DVDFab 5.2.3.2 Updated!

* New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on "The Express" (US).
    * New: Updated language files.
    * Fix: A crash problem when previewing DVD or converting DVD to Mobile in certain cases.
    * Fix: An error 400 when copying DVD in certain cases.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when copying DVD in certain cases.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5232_avangate-675.exe

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Thanks for the info.

18. bryston

bryston Regular member

You are very welcome !

Jo

19. sKrEwZ

sKrEwZ Guest

Nice. Thank-you for posting the update information.

20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Right on.

Cheer!