1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Falcon_uk, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

So, you're trying to install XBMC? Let's make this as simple as possible.

Do this.

Using Slayer's have it install EvoX and all it's apps to your hard drive. No reason not to install it since you need a dashboad anyway and this lays down the ground work for anything else you'll want to install. Have it install EvoX on C:\ and apps on E:\.

Afterwards, reboot your Xbox and make sure it boots to EvoX. If you did it right, XBMC will be installed as well, but it will be an outdated version. Get XBMC 2.0.0 off Mininova if you want the latest version with the most features and stability. I recommend the XBMC 2.0.0 T3CH fat edition personally.

Then, you'll be able to follow that guide to update to 2.0.0 if you like.

If you want XBMC to be your default dash, I'll explain that as well. Once you have both XBMC and EvoX on your Xbox, it's very easy to do.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank you
    Right first thing is first once i install evox can i in any shape or form bugger up the xbox and secondly can it be reomoved if i need to , Thank you so much for your time dealing with a ameteur at this but i suppose we all start somewhere ,

Thanks again

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

As long as you choose the right options and allow it to completely install everything, then nothing will go wrong. And yes, if you ever decide to remove it you can.

4. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank You
    I have installed the evox and xbmc to the drive , How can you tell what version of xmbc i have and i have looked on mininova and it gives me loads of them Is it autoinstaller 20060806 ??. And finally how do i use this application to transfer games ???

Thank you again For Your time and Help

5. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

I have just run xbmc and its version XBMC 2.0.0 Installed So i presume this is the latest . I just need to find out know how this is used and speeds up downloads

thank You

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Any idea how large the hard drive is? If it's the stock hard drive, you might only be able to store one or two games depending on the games (games range anywhere from 300MB to 5700MB in size).

Use Quix alongside XBMC to transfer games between your PC and Xbox. It's much quicker than using a traditional FTP client and deals directly with Xbox iso files.

7. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thanks , I am looking for the instructions to run xbmc and quix together to download from the xbox , I have the stock hard drive in the xbox so i don,t want to put any games on there. I have installed evox as i gather i can download faster to the p-c , Thank you Again for your Time..

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's pretty easy if you already know how to set up FTP connections.

Launch XBMC as if you were going to FTP into it using a normal FTP client, and then use Quix to connect to it the same way you would with an FTP client. When you select the Add button, you should be able to either auto connect or manually connect. I prefer auto connect myself. If you use auto connect, it should automatically pick-up your Xbox and all you have to do is select it from the menu that pops up.

Once it's connect, go onto create ISO (button on the left side) and then select FTP and when it browses on your Xbox select D:\ and hit Accept.

Select crosslink files and then hit save. It should then ask you for a destination folder and file name. Just put it whereever you like on your PC hard drive and name it whatever you choose, being sure to keep the extension as iso.

Then hit save and wait for everything to finish. Depending on the game, it can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes, so be patient. Also, if you use Avalaunch instead of XBMC while transferring you can use boost mode and cut transfer times in half.

9. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thank You Venom
    I will try this shortly And let You Know How I get On

Thank you Again

10. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

O.K this worked fine on a couple of games but i came to gotham again and it just hangs , I have tried to drag all the files over manually but it makes a 5.4 gig iso file , If you could help with this i would appreciate it thanks.

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

www.balugabutt.com

Extract the iso, remove unnecessary files, and create a new iso.

12. Falcon_uk

Falcon_uk Regular member

Thanks mate but i think you have jumped one step in front of me my freind , I can not extract the iso as quix just hangs and when i transfer the files manually it takes about one and a half hours and fails on certain files , Is there protection on xbox games like dvds , like i say this is one out of three that has caused me this problem . Thank You again venom for all your help ..

13. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

That's odd.

I remember having similar issues in the past with certain games but I don't remember what it was that I did to get around it.

Try ripping it in sections using the file browser on dvd2xbox and transferring it with a normal FTP client. If you manage to get all the files, then you can combine all the files and create an iso using Quix afterwards.

14. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

hey i just ordered he xecuter 2.6 CE i want to know if it comes with a dashboard or do i have to install one and i also found out that i have to flash it what does that mean i would appreciate anybodys replys. and i have evox build 3935 and slayers auto installer v.2.6 final

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

First, you'll have to flash the X2CE with an updated BIOS. Afterwards, just load up the Slayer's disc and have it install all the apps and dashboards for you.

16. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

what version do i het for xecuter off of xbins and is slayers better than evox and i also want ot know if u have a good tutorial on how to install the xecuter 2.6 CE on my xbox ?

17. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

18. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

well is evox better than avalunch because all i want is to read cd-r's and dvd and rip games to hard drive and play backups and i also want to know how to install a new hard drive on xbox and steps ...

thanx for your help venom..