1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female To Male Ratio of Forum Writers

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Phantom, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well Google isnt exactly quite the premier source of hot new stuff! ;-P What is Teoti?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

HAHAHA, i'll get ya some pie ;-) nah the reason why i wanted to teach you how to use IRC is we like to get a croud onto the #ad_buddies channel on liquidirc, its a good laugh when the place is full! And you need not worry ya poor thing, no1 is gonna offer candy or anything!

3. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

Teoti is another community I belong too..people post stuff, rant, talk...any file I ever wanted they can find for me..they're an amazing bunch. Pretty much, they're my internet family.

4. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

Oh and they find some of the funniest stuff on the internet and make me laugh constantly. Anyways, I need to stop bragging about them :)

5. Dela

lol, Well I'm A Bit Torrent, IRC, Newsgroups, eMule & DC++ guy so I pretty much have the world of stuff open to me aswell. As for my community, this is my community, aD! This place kicks ass, the amount of ppl i've met here is unreal, only problem is the place can drag you down easily too, you do find the odd bumhole here and there!

6. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

I use easynews some, but mostly just google and Teoti. Teoti is my community of choice. Afterdawn is neat and all, but different. Teoti is a place you can go for different things you need, technical help, or whatever, but they also have a huge family feel..I like interaction and stuff...I don't know..Afterdawn is neat, but it's not the same..but, still neat.

And yeah, I think every community gets the occasional flamer or bad apple..it comes with the internet..but, that's what flame retardent clothing is for :D

7. Dela

Yep I know what you mean, there is a family feel here too because of the IRC channel most likely, a lot of us know each other very well now, I mean, we call Darthnip DAD on IRC! lol dRD is just da boss so we leave him sort out the site mostly lol, theres about 20 others so far on the channel, some are regulars, others pop in every now and again, really gives the place a bit of spirit! :)

8. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

hehehe..I have an interent daddy too..his name is Xix...

When I first joined Afterdawn, the people seemed..kinda..all work and no play (for lack of a better way to put it) ...kinda why I just lurk

9. Dela

No there is a lot more play than you think lol, the forum has rules on most rooms but in the safety valve anything is possible lol. One other community that is excellent is the Sharereactor community, that is huge! Sharereactor kinda lead p2p, when u go to crappy little kazaa or something and search for movies you will most likely find loads of sharereactor files. Sharereactor is what keeps the Donkey Trading Network alive :) by far the worst p2p is Kazaa lol, i mean, its such a pile of sh**

10. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

hehehe...I guess I'm just partial to my internet home..this is just different...eh, I'm just a bit set in my ways...and, dont' get me wrong, Afterdawn is neat :)

I've never been big on p2p...I just google and find whatever I need or get it off easynews. I don't bother with the other stuff.

11. Praetor

Then there are those who are utterly addicted. :p

12. Dela

the only p2p i will use are Bit Torrent, eMule and DC++. Bit Torrent, is just wicked fast and always gets stuff early, check out http://www.suprnova.org

eMule is probably still the very best p2p app, It has ANYTHING!!! lol, and DC++ is full to the brim of cool stuff!

13. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

The thing with p2p though is 1) Lots of people purposly put up virii..that's no good 2) the 'authorities' ie RIAA are watching those alot more now.

If there is another place to get it with less chance of badness..I say..take it :)

14. Dela

haha Praetor, eg YOU!!!! ;-) We need Darthnip and our trivia bot back though :-( Darthnip is just cool man, VCDJunkie is cool, Phantom is cool, f*** it you guys all rule *breaks down in tears* lol :p

15. Dela

fruitfly, that is what peerguardian and ip blocking lists are for. IRC just cant be stop by authority either so i'll stick there. Do you really think the RIAA or some authority hasnt noted Teoti yet?? I hope u dont give your true details because the RIAA and the rest can get whatever they want by law now!

16. Praetor

*gasp* Me? *looks around* Nahhh... not me! My posts are stamped 4AM only because of my timezone.... yes that's it. :p
    PS: F**k the RIAA ;-P

17. Dela

Yep F*** em all, they will be gone soon anyway and they were even nice enough to dig their own grave and save us all some time!

18. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

I think I mislead you a bit about Teoti..they don't actually host or distribute anything copyrighted. Also, with the RIAA, I know it's mostly scare tactics they're using, especially with the loads of subpoenas they're issueing, but still..alot of headache..the main p2p thing with me is the virii more than anything.

19. Dela

20. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

ah, well, I'll think about it.