1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting to xbox with flashFXP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jfinney

jfinney Guest

Thank you very much, Uniique 1!!! I can get apps on my Xbox now. (Including Dvd2Xbox! Yes!!!) I still have to upgrade my harddrive, but I don't have a lot of money for one right now. Plus I don't wanna open my Xbox and void my warranty. I will probably mess it up and I love my Xbox so that would be bad. Oh, well, for another day, I guess. But again thank you so much, I am an extremely happy Noob (LOL). You truly are a "Connecting your Xbox to your computer via an FTP Connection Guru", a rare breed, indeed. Thank You!!!

2. vash100

vash100 Member

hey i was having problems uploading games into my xbox but i found out the problem. I kept changing everthing but then i changed it bak to how it was, but this time i left the wire that had the red,white,and yellow wire in the xbox and i tried to use qwix. I clicked ftp upload and the progress screen popped up but it stayed at 0%. Do i have to hook the xbox to the tv or anything because i don't have a tv next to my pc. And also when i try to scan titles on qwix that are on the xbox it says that i need a newer version of Avalaunche to do it and i have Evox on my xbox

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"nray25" & "jfinney"

You too are very welcome. Thanks for the compliments.

"jfinney" - What you said about your warranty on your box and not wanting to open it; I may be wrong but by softmodding I think you've already voided it. If you had a problem with your xbox...you would have to send it in. "Do you really think they would give you free service once they see what you've done to your xbox??? Might wanna check on it.

4. jfinney

jfinney Guest

Yeah. now that I think about it, I probably did void it by soft-modding. But the beauty is if someting goes wrong with a soft-mod, you normally have to back up your hard-drive to a separate forlder on the hard-drive, and then just hit "restore", and anyone at Microsoft may not know the difference. (I don't work there but that's why people thought up soft-modding. That and for dumb noobs like me!) Yeah, well as long as I'm posting, know any hard-drives that are guaranteed to work with an Xbox? Like, I mean thousands of people have tried have tried and it worked 99% of the time? I could use a tip. There's probably a whole other forum for that, but as long as I'm here and talking to someone who knows what they are doing. (At least if your signature is true, you do.) Thanks again, uniique 1!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2005
  5. aballa

aballa Member

Please help Unique1..or anyone who can!!...So i've got a modded box, with Evox that a friend modded for me. I'm connected with ethernet cable to my netgear router which is in itself also then connected to my computer with ethernet. I used to be able to use Flashfxp to connect my xbox to my computer, but now i cannot anymore..i'm NOT running static ip, but instead allowing my router to auto-config my xbox ip, gateway, and those settings. So when i open flashfxp i enter my xbox ip for url: 192.168.1.101, then my username and password, but then it wont' connect. It just says "connection failed (connection timed out). Please let me know what i need to do to connect my box to my comp with flashfxp! THank you anyone who can help..

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"aballa"

I wanna help but I'm not understanding your set up. Please explain your set up in detail and I'll do what I can.

7. aballa

aballa Member

Um..well what do u need to know in order to help me? I've got evox and got my box plugged into my netgear router by an ethernet cable and the router hooked up to my computer for internet access. When i use flashfxp it won't connect..? I'm not in a static ip..um what else do u need to know to help me? Get back asap pleasE! Thanks!

8. aballa

aballa Member

Um..well what do u need to know in order to help me? I've got evox and got my box plugged into my netgear router by an ethernet cable and the router hooked up to my computer for internet access. When i use flashfxp it won't connect..? I'm not in a static ip..um what else do u need to know to help me? Get back asap pleasE! Thanks!

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"aballa"

With that set up you don't need to have a static ip address...

Go into your xbox's settings and double check to make sure that Static IP is not enabled. Then look for FTP settings. Make sure that the FTP settings have been enabled. In the same area, look for boost mode and make sure it is off and use passive FTP.

That's the first troubleshoot...lemme know how it turns out

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  10. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Uniique 1,

I'm trying to connect using a router but no joy, using avalaunch and have flashftp and craxtion 4, keep getting connection failed when using flashftp, connected with a cat5 cable from router to xbox,
    can u tell the proper settings for the xbox and pc? appreciate any feedback from you. thanks.

11. aballa

aballa Member

Tried that..no luck. I don't actually see a setting for "boost", but i did the rest, and i still can't connect.. I don't have static ip enabled and i DO have ftp enabled..What would u suggest next Uniique1?? Thanks for the help, keep it comin please! LAter...

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"aballa"

1 - DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) should be the easiest method for you. By using a router, DHCP gives everything on your router an automatic IP address.
    ----> Check your existing cable you're trying to use to FTP into your xbox, it might be bad
    ----> Check your PC's settings and make sure that it has FTP enabled. To do this...
    ----> Go to My Network Places
    > Select view network connections
    > Right Click on the connection that gives you the internet
    > Select Properties
    > Go to advanced and click settings
    > Click advanced again
    > Highlight your internet connection/ then click settings
    > Under services, make sure FTP is checked
    Do the same thing for your net adapter as well. Then try to connect with your current set up.

2 - Try to connect without using your router. If you have a motherboard with Dual Lan capabilities (two LAN connections on your motherboard) give a Static IP to the one not being occupied by your router. You will also want to also give a Static IP to your xbox.
    To use this method (direct connection) you will also need a crossover cable for it to work. It looks exactly like a regular CAT-5 cable but the colors at the tips are in different orders. They are cheap and found at pretty much anywhere that sells computers and it will say crossover on the packing. Or you could take an existing CAT-5 cable of yours to a PC store and ask them to convert it for you.
    If you're not sure how to create a static ip follow this link, select your operating system and do exactly what it tells you - http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

3 - If you have other dashboards available to you, I suggest using "Avalaunch" it may help to correct some of the problems with your xbox and FTPing into it

4. If you're unfamiliar with creating Static IPs make sure you do your PC first. With the tutorial link I gave you it shows how to access all information needed. What I mean is
    when a connection on your computer has a static IP and in doing a direct connection wat you're connecting to will have a different IP but all the other info should be identical. Here is an example...

---------------->PC's IP Config
    Static IP------->192,168.1.100
    Subnet Mask----->255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway->192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers----->101.228.21.1
    ---------------->101.228.2.1

---------------->Xbox's IP Config
    Static IP------->192.168.1.200
    Subnet Mask----->255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway->192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers----->101.228.21.1
    ---------------->101.228.2.1

NOT ALWAYS does the xbox have to take on the same settings but since you're having issues, I'd try it. Just make sure you write down your xbox's default info so you can change it back if needed later. And do not use the settings of the example I gave...it's fake and won't work...just a visual.

Good Luck with that for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"mjeff36"

First off: If I'm not mistaken...Craxtion only responds to EvolutionX dashboards.

As for flash FXP not working...
    Look at everything in this tutorial that I've given to "aballa"
    It seems you're having the same problems so it may come in handy.

Since you have Avalaunch, go to the Network Settings and make sure boost mode is not enabled.

14. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Well i finally got it connected, now since avalaunch and craxtin are not compatible, i have quix installed, can someone give me a brief explanation on how quix operates? appreciate any feedback.

15. aballa

aballa Member

Ok I don't know what the deal is...The first thing u said was to check and make sure my cable was good, then make sure ftp was enabled on my comp...Now i did both of those things, and still no luck. So are u saying that if that doesn't work, u'd recommend my next step to be the static ip approach straight from LAN, without my router?? I haven't tried that yet. I need a crossover cable first..but do u really think that will solve my problems...and if it DOES solve my problems then i still have no router hooked up...? What should i do? I'[m confused and aggravated with this dumb thing! haha Please help again Uniique1! Thanks..LAter

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"aballa"

I can't guarantee you anything. Even if I was there and saw your set-up, I couldn't guarantee you anything. I'm just trying to help you troubleshoot. A lot of the problems I'm seeing here, I had when I first started so I'm just relaying some of the things I did to fix them.

The numbering I did in the last response was just the ordering I would try and troubleshoot your problems.

If nothing is working for you...give it all a try. Like I said though, the DHCP method with your router is the best way so I would restart that attempt FIRST. The only bad thing about DHCP is that your IP address will change unless you make them static.

17. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

hey unique one have you tried connected an xbox without a mod to your computer? I should say that i want to mod my brothers xbox with mine....if thats possible...is it? Thanx again.

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"LonEWolfD"

I didn't get a chance to try. When I got the boxes I was supposed to mod that weekend I was already loaded with other stuff that needed to be done and completely forgot. The next time I get one I'll try.

On the other side of that I've been looking online and it seems that you can only FTP into an xbox once its "at least" been softmodded.

I'm not denying the possibility but I just don't know if it can be done. You might want to search threads on that topic or start a new one.

19. PownagE

PownagE Guest

Ok guys i am new to this ftp stuff my friend soft modded my xbox and when i moved i missed an update and i have unleash X as my dash and i need to get the update but everytime i try i get error 21 if anyone has some info that can help contact me at P8ntballpimp008 that would be really cool becuz i have the file but i dont no how to get it on the xbox...thanx

20. aballa

aballa Member

"Uniique1"

Ok, so i tried the DHCP method and the direct connection without the router method, and neither worked...Is there some other suggestion u have for me, or somethin within either of those that i might have done wrong? My cable connects my comp to the internet when needed, so the cable is good. The static IP setup still didn't work...I'm lost, confused, and frusterated with this whole falshfxp stuff. Please anymore help from anyone!!! Thanks!