1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. shazzamc

shazzamc Member

What is bit torent? And do u have to pay for it???

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@shazzamc

Bit Torrents are a form of P2P (file sharing). They are usually broken into smaller fragments for distribution. Once connected with a bittorrent client (i.e. BitTornado, BitComet) you will download random pieces of the file(s) of what's available until the entire download is complete.

No you don't have to pay but some bittorrent sites will make you sign up for access (NOT RECOMMENDED).

3. Coughdawg

Coughdawg Member

Craxtion 4 is a program used to make and burn xbox games it can even make homemade roms. You can download this program on www.craxtion.com

Description: Craxtion is the cleanest and easiest to use Xbox ISO tool that enables the users to create/extract *true* Xbox ISO using Microsoft GDFImage/XImage and now with Built In Hard-Coded Extractor written by Fedge & LepPper! Craxtion has also implemented a MultiGame creation wizard(MenuX and MXM) which creates a ready-to-burn ISO image from a list of ISO's or Directories that you select. MultiGame are customizable with themes that you can download and import directly from inside craxtion! Craxtion has an ISO Explorer as well which lets you view the contents of an ISO and extract individual files from it at maximum speed!
    Current Version: 4.0.0

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

What happends if you go to a wesite that has torrents and then yopu download a disc image of a games then burn it off to a DVDr would this bypass all the steps off using the FTP and all that

PS: DOnt be harsh lol i am a newbie

5. tibollos

tibollos Member

how can i rippe a play station 2 game with nero with out to have to put something inmy play station

please help me

6. tibollos

tibollos Member

how can i rippe a play station 2 game with nero with out to have to put something inmy play station

please help me

7. Heretic15

Heretic15 Member

Achilles3, I read your message about how to burn using DVD Decrypter and you said "Pop in your burnt game, choose MODE->ISO->READ." So when I download a bit torrent of an x-box game where should I burn it to a DVD or a CD and should it be a specific kind of DVD (DVD-R, etc.). Also I am using Roxio to burn DVDs, are there any steps that I need to do before burning the CD/DVD. Thanks for your help.

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Heretic15
    Once you have an .iso image of an xbox game, it can normally be burned to a CD-RW (if small enough) but most widely done with DVD-R (most successful). You will hear people say they've done it with DVD+Rs and so on and their probably right but some drive can't use them. Sometimes they work fine but later may start to skip during gameplay and other crazy things.

My advice would be to stick with DVD-Rs for backing up game images. As for software...I steer clear of Roxio. Go with DVD Decrypter (FREE) or NERO. Make sure when you burn, do it at slow speeds (it helps reduce errors while burning).

9. Heretic15

Heretic15 Member

Ok, then I will use DVD Decrypter do burn them. I only use Roxio to burn DVD's because along the way awhile ago Nero won't burn DVD's anymore for me. Well thanks for the help!

10. petie07

petie07 Member

hey i have all the stuff i need for burning i got gta san an and burnout 4 on my comp now i need to know what to do from here, i presume that i cant jus drag n drop the folder into the writable dvd folder.

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@petie07
    I can give you directions specifically for what program you're trying to use if you name it...
    But for the most part, you just need to open the program, navigate through to the directory with the .iso file, select it and make the destination your DvD drive. Finally hit burn, or the equivalent according to whatever program you're using.

12. petie07

petie07 Member

can i just use the dvd writer that comes with windows or does it need to be nero or alcohol or something?

13. petie07

petie07 Member

ok i just ripped an iso for burnout takedown with dvd decrypter. i opened it with NTI cd/dvd maker. from there do i just tell it to burn the files in the folder that my burnout takedown is in?

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

15. petie07

petie07 Member

yeah i have it i just need to know what to do from there

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

I recently got Fable The Lost Chapters off of a torrent site and it came with 4 .mdf file and 4 .mds files I was wondering how to burn them to make it playable.
    There are instructions that come with it but all they say is to burn and mount them [PS what does mount them mean?] them with alcohol 120% or daemon tools. Is that really all I have to do? or do I got to make them some other type of file or change them in some other way ?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  17. petie07

petie07 Member

hey technique i got the files from my xbox hd and i have the image and i have dvd decrypter i just need to know what to do from there the image is only 13mb or so and i dont wanna waste a dvd when i dont really know what im doing

18. Heretic15

Heretic15 Member

Ok I get the burning the Iso files part down but I recently came upon a game on a torrent site that has 67 files 63 of which are larx-dgr.063 - 47.68 M and 1 which is larx-dgr.064 - 22.82 M. Another 2 are .nfo and .sfv and 1 which is a URL site. How do I compact those files into an Iso to burn with DVD Decrypter. Someone told me on the site that you use Magic Iso Maker but that only lets you do one file at a time to an Iso so I am lost...

Thanks

19. Heretic15

Heretic15 Member

Recently I downloaded an x-box Iso that has a N64 emulator with some roms and I burned it with DVD Decrypter to a DVD-R disk and it does not read on the X-box. When I was reading the forums on the disk they say on all X-box downloaded games you need a modded x-box is this true or is there another way I could get around that without purchasing one.

20. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Heretic15,
    besides modding your XBOX, the only thing you can do is softmod. xbox-scene has a lot of guides on both softmodding and mod chips. You can find some of the soft-modding tutorials here:
    http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=151|#151

Good luck!