1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. hairless

hairless Member

**This goes with the one above**

The only software i have been able to do it with is "Sonic Record Now". But that is only because im too stupid to know how to set the settings on any other sowtware.

2. xboxboy25

xboxboy25 Guest

Hey every 1 if you want to copy burnt xbox games just use nero and select copy dvd, put the game that you want to burn in your dvd burner select the destination on dvd, then when its finished that stage put a blank dvd in the dvd burner.

But please note that you need a chip in your xbox to play them.

3. andersg

andersg Regular member

Are you sure it is that easy to do? Its kinda weird that no one else had figured that out before you. Cause DVD drive in computers dont read Xbox games either

4. hairless

hairless Member

no computer can read xbox games, dont know how u got that in ur head but ur wrong! us my thing i wrote above yours!

5. xboxboy25

xboxboy25 Guest

Yeah im sure but you can only do this to copied games not originals

6. xboxboy25

xboxboy25 Guest

Hey tEChniiQue i saw that you know how to burn xbox games using nero. You said you only change the options a bit could you please tell how

7. imscrewed

imscrewed Guest

ok so i have the game files from my xbox dvd drive via. ftp. do i have to create these into an iso file first or can i just burn the files to dvd-r as they are.
    thanks for any help(if i get any)
    tom

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

Theu have to be Xiso format for the Xbox to read them

9. imscrewed

imscrewed Guest

thanks, but how do i put them in xiso

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

There is a program out there somewheres call Xiso and it does exactly that. Im not sure how to get yours hands on it though, Try using google

11. hairless

hairless Member

**** THIS IS THE EASYEST WAY TO COPY GAMES ******

Firts you need a copy of "Sonic RecordNow!, Version 7.3". Then all you gotta do is put a game in your xbox disc tray and ftp your xbox to your computer(hope you know how to ftp). Then open your "D" drive, and copy all the contents to a folder on your computer(this might take a while, this is the game data. Put in a DVD-R (DVD+R, DVD+/-RW, whatever just DVD somthin, but not DVD RAM!), a window should pop up asking what you want to do with the disc, click "add files to disc". Add all the files to the disc, burn it, done! You can thank me later!

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

How'd you figure this out?

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

He basically summarized every thorough xbox backup tutorial into a few sentences.

14. imscrewed

imscrewed Guest

hi i have tried evryway to burn xbox games and my xbox evox dashboard says unknown how do i solve this

15. gfresh

gfresh Guest

Alright boys, so i have read this thread inside out, aswell as all of the xbox-scenes tutorials and im still having problems burning BURNED xbox games using DVD DECRYPTER. Ill try to make this clear and simple. Firstly, i got my xbox softmodded today from a place, and i decided to let him do it because i really didnt want to mess my xbox at all, plus softmodding is relatively cheap nowadays. Anyway, So i have games (which are already burned) and which run smoothly on my xbox and now im trying to make a copy of them using dvd decrpyter, but i am faced with the same problem. I read the iso file, and copy it to my hard disk. Then when i click iso>write, i used to click on the iso image only. And when i popped that in i would always get a "loading..." sign on my xbox that would never load. I then later read on this forum that you dont write the iso file, but you write the 30kb imd file or whatever which then automatically writes the iso file,so i did that aswell- but i am still getting the same loading problem. Its strange consedering the first burned versions work just fine, but for some reason i cant burn burned games- which i know should be easy and i doubt the softmod over modchip is related at all in this case. I also know it is possible using nero, and i will try that aswell- but i am curious to know what i am doing wrong, since ive wasted more than 5 dvds trying to copy this and its getting on my nerves.
    Anyhelp is appreciated
    Fresh

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

I dont think you need to use DVD decryptor for backing up already backed up games. You just putit in your DVD Burner and then copy it onto a DVD, You can do this because there is no CD protection on the backed up game.

17. gfresh

gfresh Guest

I thought that aswell the first time, untill i remembered that my computer doesnt read xbox games, even if they are burned, and it needs a software to grab the iso file from the dvd and then burn it

18. andersg

andersg Regular member

You're probably right I have never backed up a game, that is just what I thought I had learned from reading other people posts

PS Even If you just put it in the DVD Drvie and hit exact copy it doesnt work?

19. F18hornet

F18hornet Member

i do the following with alcohol 120 to make my own ps2 back ups:
    if i have the original game i simply use the copy wizard. i recommend not to copy disc on-the-fly.
    if i have the image file (*.iso, *.mds, whichever) you have to use the image finder, then select the image and use the burning wizard.
    note that a special cd (e.g. swap magic) is needed to boot any game.
    i don't know how xbox works, but i guess that copy procedure must be the same. it doesn´t matter if the pc can´t understand what it reads, he copys what he reads, and that's what is in the dvd

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  20. andersg

andersg Regular member

I know what swap magic is on PS2 but what exaclty is on the CD? Do you need an original game to use in swap magic to boot the back up?