1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. F18hornet

F18hornet Member

you only need the original game to make the back up, if you don´t have the image yet. furthermore to use swap magic you don´t need the original game.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  2. gfresh

gfresh Guest

alright boys so i got it-but not with DVD Decrypter. It just wouldnt work when i tried to copy a copied game, but it doesnt matter since Nero actualyl does it, and does it faster. I just simply copied disc to disc and it read the image and burned it. Reason i didnt try it before is it seemed to simple but thnx for the headsup andersg
    much love
    fresh

3. andersg

andersg Regular member

Hey, No Problem
    I'm not so good at this but what I do know I'm happy to share

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  4. thenutter

thenutter Guest

ok if i have downloaded an xbox game and i want to burn it onto a dvd and play it on my xbox with a modchip how will i go about doing this?

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

To start of you have to get a program called XISO to change the ISO file into a Xbox-Readable Xiso file, sorry buts thats as much as I know

6. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

When you connect your X Box to your cpu using an ethernet crossover cable, does it show the X Box under My Computer as another Drive? I'm considering buying the crossover or making one, and a mod chip. I also have alot of expirience with DVD Shrink, Nero, Studio 9.4,and DVD Decrypter if I can help anyone.

7. Matty69

Matty69 Guest

Tec Could you please tell me how to and what i need to burn xbox games via pc

8. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

After reading it seems you need the cable which I have, a modchip,or softmod, and a new x box dasboard. It seems also that the modchip is the way to go versus a softmod. The process of softmodding seems like a pretty complex operation and I understand you have to buy an action replay usb setup which costs half as much as a chip.

If I get a good modchip and install it do I still need a dashboard, if so where do I get it and how do I install it on my x box.

9. Dayz

Dayz Member

Hi all. Woz wondering if anyone could answer this:

I just created an image from my battlefront 2 game onto the desktop using Alcohol 120% and i want to burn it to dvd, but 2 files have been created and i don't know if i put both files onto the dvd or just one.

One is an MDF file and is 4.37 gigs big. (Obviously this one goes on)
    The other is an MDS file and is 4.21kb.

What do i do now?

Help!

Thanx

10. gfresh

gfresh Guest

add the mds file, it adds the iso automatically
    i had the same question before and figured it out, but for some reason my laser on my xbox wouldnt always read the game, and other times it would- very strange
    member, not all discs are cupholders!

11. smigs

smigs Guest

But my main question is how to make an xbox back up i i have tried about 8 tuturials and the alot of programs most like craxtion and qwix mess me up but i burned about 5 games and on one of them it like shows the first emblum and then freezes i know that the .xbe files are reaaly touche but i already put the firles on my hard drive but im very confused and nothing works please if you can give me a complete step by step very very detailed thing on making a copy and the programs i need

12. dvaesedum

dvaesedum Member

i know that it is kinda late, i mean 2 yrs after the thread was posted, but pkkizzz or whatever his name wuz, how did u do it? post a reply wit pics from all the steps, so we can all know. thnx

13. prodlok

prodlok Member

Hi, me and my friend are trying to backup Halo 2. Please suggest any program for it.

14. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

prodlock
    FlashFXP for coping games from your x box to your cpu's HD via FTP File Transfer Protocol

"Craxtion, Qwix, or Extract-XISO -- GUI by Huge" for creating an xiso out of the games files you ftp'd.

Then DVD Decrypter to burn the xiso to a dvd+r, dvd-r. Dvd-rw don't work.

Get back with any qestions,or spend time reading the tuturials there's alot of good ones on this sight andteammodders.com,xboxscene.com

15. Nachomama

Nachomama Member

hi i was wondering if anyone knew exactly step-by-step how to burn an original xbox game. i hear all this iso and all this other stuff so im really confused. o will a mod that has been programed on to the xbox play burned games like a mod-chip. i have a mod-chip in my ps2 and have been burning ps2 games for quite a while and it was really confusing for me ssince i'm used to just using nero and just clicking for it to make a back-up. y is it that this does not work for xbox games.

16. Nachomama

Nachomama Member

sry about that i didnt see quadratic's message. just if u can answer the other question regarding the mod plz

17. Nachomama

Nachomama Member

okay i guess i got all that down regarding the mod. no just to mod the xbox and create the ftp thing...(man this is so much harder than burning ps2 games :( )

18. andersg

andersg Regular member

If you ask me it is worth the extra work

19. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

It's only harder because the PC won't read xbox discs. It sucks, but it's really not all that much more difficult.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  20. BK253

BK253 Member

lisetn people its so easy all u do is burn it at the lowest speed possible and it will work perfect

-belal