1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you install xbox media center

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Linkdx, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

thank u u just reminded me of that website i found it at

2. corn

corn Guest

Cool, let us know of your luck.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  3. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

ok it worked THANX GUYS of course i have to search for it on my xbox scince it doesnt want to appear on the applications but it works ( while i was testing the xbmc i was thinking of why i even wanted to have it if i cant use the internet ) OH WELL SUCKS FOR ME IN 4 YEARS ILL HAVE MY OWN INTERNET LOL

4. corn

corn Guest

Lol! Glad it worked, have fun :).

EDIT: Curious as to why it didn't show up in the folder, what did you do?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  5. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

I noticed a couple of things about evolutionx and unleashx is probably the same. If the app is in a folder in a folder in the apps folder it won't show. If the .xbe is not default it won't show (i.e. default.xbe). The default.xbe (or xbmc.xbe) should be in the first subdirectory of the applications directory. Sometimes with winzip or winrar that doesn't happen and to many folders (directories) get created. Try those things first. Also look in the ini file (it might not be an actual .ini file, but you understand what I mean) make sure unleashx is looking for apps in the right place, or in your case the place you set up.

6. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Hello Iam New to Xbox SoftModding I just Currently Soft Modded my Xbox using A Copy of Splinter and Action Replay Now My Xbox Dashboard right now is EvolutionX Now I Know About FTP and MIRC Thats were I got the Software for Splintercell Now what Iam Trying to do is Install the Xbox MediaCenter I downloaded a Xbox Media Center Zip File called XBMC-CVS_2006-06-11-T3CH.rar from mirc
    Now I have tried installing Xbox Media Center by FTP my Xbox I have tried to put the Exctracted folder on Drive E the File inside Folder E called XBMC-CVS_2006-06-11-T3CH.rar and the Folder I Exctracted has 2 folders and some Text files it looks like this
    This are the 2 folder
    _tools
    XBMC
    and the rest are like this there like text files
    Changelog.txt
    Changelog_PM....
    copying.txt
    keymapping.txt
    T3CH-README_...

Now when I go to Launch Applications I see MediaCenter and When i Click on it i get a Skin Board Showing A controller now suppostly on the Tutorials Iam Reading Iam Suppost to get a Xbox360 Look like Skin Board Instead i get a Controller:( now I have Manually Tried to go to Skins and I see the Xbox360 Skin There but when I try to set up as my official skin it Freezes>_< What am I doing Wrong can someone please help me I would Appreciated if someone would help me Please feel free to ask any Questions inorder to Help me with this Proble, as you can tell I cant really Explain for Shit my Situation Bassicly iam Just trying to get the Xbox media Center working right:)and Convert it as my Official Dashboard