1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dzuldare, Aug 19, 2005.

1. STARWARS9

STARWARS9 Guest

hEY EVORYONE REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO COPY\BACKUP GAMES?
    cAN YOU TELLME HOW BECAUSE IM REALLY STUCK

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@STARWARS9
    No offense but that's kinda lazy. The third post of this thread, by PimpDawg, gave you great info to help with your question. I won't even repost the link, Scroll up a few lines. Try what was given, if that doesn't help and you can't find a remedy "by searching" then initiate a new thread with your question.

Also, no posting all caps. It's against forum rules.

3. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

i dont see why you cant use nero or clone dvd to make a copy but i dont have a dvdburner and im not experienced in this matter

4. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi again. ok question... is it impossible to copy one single game to xbox because of the stock hard drive. i a 8 gig in it. it is split half into c and half into e. the problem is you need at least 4.7 on e to be able to copy a game. is there a way to dirrectly ftp the game from the xbox dvd rom right to my pc hard drive? or how do you use that xbpartioner. maybe i can steal some space from c and put it on e. well if there is not a way and the only way is to get a bigger hard drive. i got a larger hard drive. making that cdrw hd disk looks pretty complicated., is there a way to just hook up the new hard drive to my ide cable on my computer and just program it. i have both e and c backed up on my pc. evox

5. flaguy3

flaguy3 Member

Hi everyone, extreme newbie here. Read the post that Pimp put and that was awesome. I get it a bit. My stupid question is, for all this to take place do you need to Mod the xbox? Im assuming yes, but i wanted to make sure. I think im going to go with the solderless (dont want to kill my xbox already) chip. Just not sure which one to go with. After you use FTP from Xbox to PC, do you then just copy it to a DVD-R? or + R or does it matter? I want to back up games. Thanks guys..

6. Garth85

Garth85 Member

Folks, thanks for all the interesting reading. One thing I am confused about, and apologies for the possibly lame question...

As I read it, an ISO file is effectively an "archived" version of the original game which is now burnt to a DVD as an XBox ISO file, and cannot actually be played as such on a modded Xbox. Is this understanding correct ?

If so, is there a way to create a backed up copy of an XBox game on a 4.7Gig DVD that is playable off that DVD on a chip modded XBox ?

thanks in advance.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

The ISO file is an image file that contains all the folders
    from the game within it. If you burn the ISO file to a DVD then it will play in the Xbox. It will not play if you try to transfer the ISO to your HDD.
    For that you will need the folders inside of the ISO.
    You get a program like Qwix or Craxtion4, load up (open) the ISO
    and tell it to transfer it to your HDD. then it should play. Or transfer it to a folder on your PC, then transfer that folder from your PC via your favorite FTP program to your Xbox HDD. The second way is just a few extra steps but should have the same results.
    Once you have transfered the files over into your game folder (mine is in the F: section) then reboot the Xbox and it should show up when you go to load games from HDD option.

From what i hear there is a program out there that you can install on your Xbox to allow it to play ISO files off of the HDD if you feel like searching or asking for that.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  8. Garth85

Garth85 Member

Thanks for the reply.

>> The ISO file is an image file that contains all the folders
    from the game within it. If you burn the ISO file to a DVD then it will play in the Xbox. It will not play if you try to transfer the ISO to your HDD.<<

Ok I understand the ISO concept thanks. However what I am missing is - how to burn the ISO to a DVD so it can be read by the XBox.

I have tried using Nero to burn using two different options DVD-ROM(ISO) and DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO) but neither of these were read on the Xbox using the Evox chip.

thanks

9. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried DVD Decrypter, i use that all the time and burn
    the ISO and it works fine.
    I think Nero may have a setting to force it to Xbox mode or something. But i never use mine for games.
    Have you tried the image burning DVD option?
    the one that looks like a discs with a match on fire?
    If i get a chance i will try Nero tonight and see if i can find
    the Xbox option for you, or see if the image burning option works.
    But i know 100% that DVD Decrypter has worked for me every time.
    Also the media may be causing the problem. I usually use
    Philips DVD-R 8X DVD's. Once i tried a printable TDK 8X +R
    and the Xbox just said the disc was unknown. Burned it again to
    my normal media and it worked just fine.

but to answer your qustion, you just burn the ISO to DVD and the
    Xbox should have no problems reading it. You just can't transfer the ISO to your HDD, that will not work. On the HDD you need to have the folder with all the game files instead of the ISO

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  10. smigs

smigs Guest

But my main question is how to make an xbox back up i i have tried about 8 tuturials and the alot of programs most like craxtion and qwix mess me up but i burned about 5 games and on one of them it like shows the first emblum and then freezes i know that the .xbe files are reaaly touche but i already put the firles on my hard drive but im very confused and nothing works please if you can give me a complete step by step very very detailed thing on making a copy and the programs i need.

I did burn like 3 games none of them work using qwix and dvd decrypter as you said the one original copy and burned it the same way and it like froze and the other games just dont work.

I need a baby step by step very very detailed instruction tuturial for doing it right i have staples dvd+r i write at lowest speed 2.4x

11. chongke

chongke Member

I apologise for this reply but im really confuse andi cantseem to figure it out. I've read and visited the site that PimpDawg has posted "How To FTP Into Your Xbox". I've decided to go with "How to FTP to your Xbox Dashboard using a Crossover Cable" not with the router. I've followed everything that was written on the page but when i use FLASHFTP and connect it won't connect. So pleaseif anyone can help me, let me know. Thank You.

12. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

Here is my problem, and i think this will help a lot of people. I dowload games via torrent (bitlord) to make back-ups. Once the game is done dowloading it is usually in a series of Rar files, say 1-12 or something. So I use WinRar to decompress them by clicking on #1, it then makes a new folder with the decompressed file in it (sniper elite for example), inside the folder is where my problem begins. It will be sniper elite but look like a stack of books (rar) even though it is an iso file (it's description says blahblah.iso, yet it is rarified. ignoring this i tried to burn (using nero) clicking on burn image to cd/dvd, and in the end the Dvd is 'unknown' and doesn't show any files on it. I believe the problem is that the decompressed file must be represented as an iso and not rar...is that correct? if so, how do i get rid of the rar status during decomprssion? Should the final file to be burned look like the stack of books or someting else? Thanks in advance...ps i've read everything and can't find an answer

13. chongke

chongke Member

alright , my xbox is modded but im not sure which modchip is inside i payd $100 for it andit reads burned games ... and i've been tryingto connectmy xboxto my pc. im using crossover cable to connect to them... i've setup myxbooxwith an IP address. Now im using FlahFXP to connect to one another but im unable to stablish connectino... is this because of the chip i have... does it have anything to do with it.. plz reply..

thnx

14. 2IIPack

2IIPack Guest

I'm looking for a mod-chip to get for my cousin for his Xbox and I would like some suggestions on which ones I should look into. I would actually like a solderless one but I also want the best one for him. What is the best solderless one and what is the best modchip?

15. chongke

chongke Member

well no one has repied me yet so .. im gonna post again sry

my xbox is modded. i dont know which chip is inside but it can read burned games. To activate my modded xbox i have to press and hold the on button so it can read burned games. im planning to make some back up cds. im trying to connect xbox to my computer using crossover cable. i set an IP adress on my xbox and used FLASHFXP to FTP. but im not ableto make a connection... is this because of my chip? or im just doing everthing wrong. ive read many tutorialsof how to do it but i guess i cant get it to work. please help

16. jabrony24

jabrony24 Member

anyone know of a way to backup games bigger than 4.7g??