1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to update evox / do i need to remove the 007 save file

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Agathon11, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Agathon11

Agathon11 Member

That's what I was thinking Creaky. I was just going to follow this word for word except instead choose unleash
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/592075

It sounds like it would just copy over it. I mean in order to use the disc to begin with you have to have modded the xbox. So wouldn't that mean you already have some custom dash already on the machine? (be it evox unleasah etc)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Yes, just go for it. If you get it wrong you can just softmod again at worst.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yeah i'm not sure what the story is regardless if i used 1 clik hardmod dashboard setup or just install a new dash with the AID disk whenever i rebooted i always got the original xbox dash,i knew it was to do with a shortcut somewhere,i gave up after two days then went back to it after a week,did another web search & came across a post of why it was happening & how to correct it,i wish i found that post sooner coz i got one hell of a headache while trying to figure it out.

4. Agathon11

Agathon11 Member

Well I tried it but when I reboot it went straight back to the evox dash. To get to unleash I have to go to itools > dashboards > unleashx
    What I want is to remove evox completely and have the xbox boot to unleashx on start up as the default dash. How can I do it?

5. creaky

You should be able to remove it via AID..

6. Agathon11

Agathon11 Member

Ok so I installed Unleashx to E drive so does that mean Evox is on C drive? and if I uninstall c drive dashboard won't that cause problems? Don't I have to have a dash installed on c? Should I uninstall unleash from E and Evox from C then install unleash onto c?

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Sounds familiar,do you see a new .xbe in C, if so lets be sure,since evox has already booted for you to check C drive,clik on the new shortcut that should've been created by unleash,once unleash is up go back to c & clik xboxdash.xbe by rights you should boot back to evox correct ? ok rename xboxdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe then the new unleash shortcut to xboxdash.xbe & your all set,i'm not sure what will happen if you attempt an uninstall of evox before the rename you may get an error message when you boot,by rights using the AID to uninstall evox should only leave the shortcut evoxdash.xbe in c which can be manually deleted

8. Agathon11

Agathon11 Member

I have in C dualboot.xbe, msdash.xbe, and xboxdash.xbe I have no idea what's new.
    In E I have evoxdash.xbe

9. Agathon11

Agathon11 Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  10. creaky

Sure, go for it.

11. scum101

scum101 Guest

sounds sensible.. BUT .. unleash as a main dash doesn't allow you to adjust game region (especially important these days as he "usual sources" for games are becoming more and more limited.. no way you can guarantee having a "your region" iso of a game any more..

Also another HUGE problem with unleash and everything else except evox as a dash... access to file managers right there to any nub who gets their hands on your pad.. go on.. delete C:\xodash.xbe.. and see what happens..

I don't get why people who know nothing want to start changing things before they have any idea what the hell they are doing..

to change a dash you find out where the dash you are loading is.. (it will be in E:\dashboard somewhere.. and swap the dash you want for the one which is there.. by simply replacing the dash files.. after making sure the "default.xbe" dash file has EXACTLY the same name..

but seriously.. evox is stable and secure.. everything else is really only an application.. xbmc/unleash/avalaunch etc.. are NOT gamers dash setups.. they won't load trainers.. they won't alter game region.. they are useful additional apps..

you can skin evox dead easy.. I use a text editor to write the xml file.