1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I DOWNLOADED THESE .01 .02 /.001 .002/.part1.rar .part2.rar FILES....what do i do?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hursty, Oct 23, 2005.

1. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

i got that far but my problem is that it comes up as a windows media file, what i mean is that i can play the movie using any of my players, but when i right click i dont have the option to extract the files into winrar. I appreciate your help and I have looked at everything I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please let me know if you have any more info

2. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

300 - DVDRip.XviD.AC3.CD1[ThE1OnE] is what the file is called and then it has the windows media player icon displayed next to it, i know it is supposed to have the three books icon or the icon that windows doesnt recognize but I cant find those files. Did I download the wrong format or something?

3. rav0

rav0 Member

The file isn't called that if it has a Windows Media Player File icon, it must have an extension that Windows recognises as being associated with Windows Media Player (eg *.avi;*.mpg;*.mkv). Maybe you've downloaded the file already extracted, and you can just play what you have directly, try it. If it doesn't play, make sure that you can see the whole filename without extensions hidden (Folder Options in Control Panel), and rename the file to *.rar (gives it the books icon) and open it with Winrar (the books program), because maybe it's named with the wrong extension. The file might also be a fake.

4. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

First off I just really want to praise this site and all of the great help. Also I want to thank you for walking me through this. I can play the movie on my windows media player like I saw it in the theatres. It is in two files divided in half. I just dont know how to extract it so I can create a DVD. Thanks

5. rav0

rav0 Member

DVD Flick is really good. Get it if you don't have it. In DVD Flick, click add title, and choose the first part of the movie as the source. Then edit the title that you just created and add the second half as another source. If you want, you can edit the project settings, otherwise just click Create DVD.

6. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

rav0 you are a genius, thank you for your help I really appreciate it. You should make a tut.

7. rav0

rav0 Member

You're very welcome. I just might make a tutorial (hopefully my computer will be friendly to me).

8. drluv99

drluv99 Member

Hey guys, new here. Sorry to trouble you all. I am using this PC at work and don't have a lot of time to search every page to see if my problem has already been asked/handled by somebody. I am extracting files from WINRAR to my Philips MP3 player. I did about 7 files of full albums and they worked fine. Then all of the sudden (when I have enough room for like 4 or 5 more albums to put on) it starts to say: Directory of file cannot be created. Why the hell does it start saying this after some of them have worked already? What do I do? I can listen to them on my WMP on the PC, but I would like them on my MP3 but after awhile, it gives me that message. I ask you wizards for your help.

Thank you
    Blair

9. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Incomprohensible would qualify DRLUVs post.

10. quag85

quag85 Member

I have looked over this entire thread and have tried every method presented to solve my problem. Hopefully someone can help me out here...

I have .001 files all the way to .081. Every time I try to open them with WinRAR I get the error message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged." I originally went step by step with teh method on the first page on this thread, no luck. I have tried to "Extract Here" with WinRAR, changed file names to .r01 through r.081, opening them one at a time, all at once, virtually everything and still no luck.

Additionally, I have tried to use HJSplt and all that does is make a 7.47 GB file that has no file extension that I have no idea what to do with. I tried opening it with WinRAR and got that same unknown format or damaged message.

I have also read the torrent comments I downloaded the file from and others have said that they have gotten the game to work, so it is not a dummy file.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks.

11. gurkpimp

gurkpimp Member

I download test drive unlimited from rapidshare and now im stuck and dont know what to do. I think this is not ISO files and there all ready winrar ready. now do i extract them and then burn them or wat. I have been trying to figure this out for the week.

12. dnelson

dnelson Member

i believe i have an old verson of winrar, where can i get the latest verson from.

13. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

rarlab.com that should lead you right to it. hope it helps

14. brettkirk

brettkirk Member

Hello, quick question, i have a group of rar files which i can extract to one rar file, this file says it will extract an .iso out of that but when i go to extract it it says

! D:\doavb.r00: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack px-doavb.iso
    ! D:\doavb.r00: No files to extract

How do i extract from a previous volume?

Thank You

15. foofdawg

foofdawg Member

OK.

So I use 7Zip instead of winrar, and it allows me to extract with no problem, except when I run across a group of archives that don't include one with a .rar extension.

Has anyone gotten a group of .001 .002 .003 etc files to work with 7zip? It works fine when the first file is .rar and then the rest have number extensions, but I've even tried changing the first file to a .rar extension and get the same "file broken" error, and I know it's not a corrupted file, as several others got it working fine, and i've downloaded it more than once to be sure.

I only ask because I already have too many options on my right-click menu for files, and don't want to have to add another one for winrar to that list, when I already have an "extract here" option through 7zip.

16. hursty

hursty Active member

You dont need to extract it,as you have already done that,...you have a file with the .iso extension
    read through the stickie again,and un-associate winrar with iso images

17. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

NVM...

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  18. mattbrox2

mattbrox2 Guest

sorry if som1 allready asked or u said but can it TURN files to rar?

19. foofdawg

foofdawg Member

Most unzipping/unpacking programs also include a zipper/packer that will create zip/rar/7z etc files.

I don't use winrar, so not sure.

20. kevin1028

kevin1028 Member

alright now I have another problem I downloaded a torrent extracted and archived with winrar but now I dont know why I cant get it into DVD format. It says the format is unrecognizable. Last time when I downloaded 300 I could watch it with windows media player, but I just dl knocked up and cant transfer it I know I'm forgetting a step but I cant remember. Please help. Thanks in advance