1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i installed soft mod bad results

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bonehamm, Apr 26, 2006.

1. misterti

misterti Guest

i got my cover off now what

2. bonehamm

bonehamm Member

unplug both cables on the hdd and plugh them up to the xb hdd got it?

3. misterti

misterti Guest

so i take the comp.top off unplug the ide cable from both sides so i can grab it and take it to the xbox or do i just take the ide cable out of my comp. completely and plug my xbox one in the comp. ps wat side of the ide do i take out (comp. and xbox)

4. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

5. misterti

misterti Guest

for some reason it will not let me open that web page

6. bonehamm

bonehamm Member

here then
    Hotswap fixs all kind of problems on softmod Xbox with error 13, 14, 16, 20, 21.
    14 Mar 2006 13:02 (Edited: 14 Mar 2006 13:02)

Hotswap method can fix all kind of problems on softmod Xbox.

I've seen enough posts that people have messed up their xbox in softmod. Hotswap method is the cheapest way to fix all kind of problems if you have on softmod xbox. Basically, it will let you to reinstall MS dashboard, to fix corrupted files, to backup and more.

What does hotswap do?
    Because the xbox hdd is lock, PC can't read it. Therefore, You need xbox to unlock the hdd first then connect it to PC. So the xplorer360 will read the xbox hdd on PC. The xplorer360 is just like window explorer. Therefore, YOu can copy files back and forth between PC and Xbox hdd.

How does it work?
    Turn on xbox and wait until the microsoft logo appear under the big X and XBOX. Quickly, remove IDE cable from xbox hdd and connect xbox hdd to IDE cable from PC. Run xplorer360 then Go to drive->open->harddrive or memcard. You should see 5 partitions of xbox hdd here. The whole process is called hotswap.

Why would I want to hotswap?
    One is, you tried to do a softmod and fucked it up, and now your xbox is giving you error 13, 14, 20, 21. This will allow you to install the default MS dashboard files, and repair your box.

Second is you don't wanna hack up a controller or buy an action replay, but still want to do a softmod. You can use this to copy the hacked gamesaves and linux file to your xbox.

NOTE ON ERROR 16: IF you are able to see white microsoft logo appears under the big X and XBOX, then you are ok to do hotswap. You can also try to boot up xbox with an original game inside the dvd drive to see if microsoft logo shows up. If you have a backup of the original eeprom then you can fix your xbox by using xboxhdm. Otherwise you need modchip.

What do you need?
    - Windows 2000 or XP
    - Xbox
    - Torxx screwdrivers
    - a small phillips screwdriver
    - PC with at least one free slot for a hard drive
    - Complete Clean Working MS dashboard files on PC. You can download and unrar it.
    [ link ]
    - Xplorer360 OR FatXExplorer (It's in french, but more stable than xplorer360)
    [ link ]

So download and install xplorer360/FatXexplorer on PC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

RESTORE XBOX HDD TO MANUFACTURING CONDITION

After you have xplorer360 to access xbox hdd, then you can tell partition 3 is C drive and partition 4 is E drive.

So you want to make the xbox back to manufacturing condition, then follow this:

Partition3:/Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

Partiton4:/UDATA, TDATA

Partition 0-2 is empty

NOTE: UDATA and TDATA folders are EMPTY. Partition 3 has the complete clean working MS dash.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS HERE, AND HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING. FAILURE TO DO THIS COULD RESULT IN A USELESS XBOX.

NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CONNECT XBOX HDD BACK TO XBOX BEFORE TURN OFF. OTHERWISE, THE XBOX HDD MAY STAY UNLOCK.

GET EVERYTHING READY:

1. Remove the four feet from the bottom of your xbox. Use the torxx screwdriver to remove the four screws. There are two more in the center, beneath the stickers. Take these out as well.

2. Take off the top cover. Use your torxx screwdriver to take out the two brass screws that are in the center holding the drive housing down.

3. Remove the section of casing with the harddrive in it.

4. Use the phillips screwrdriver to take out the four screws holding the HD in place. Loose the hdd so you can easy to remove the IDE cable and plus the one from PC in. Put xbox close to PC so IDE cable from PC can reach xbox hdd.

5. ON PC. Connect pc hdd to primary IDE port. I think that is what you have now. And remove all dvd drives on secondary IDE port. Just hook up one end of IDE cable to it. The other end is free for now. It will hook up to Xbox hdd later. PC HDD AND XBOX HDD ARE ON 2 DIFFERENT IDE CABLES ON PC.

6. Now we've got everything ready.

HOTSWAP PROCESSING:

step1: turn on pc then press then Break/Pause key. So the pc completely stop booting.

step2: turn on xbox and wait until the microsoft logo appear under the big X and XBOX. Then quickly disconnect IDE cable from xbox hdd and connect the one from PC to it. Being VERY careful not to jolt or shake the HD too much, disconnect the DATA cable from the harddrive WITHOUT powering off the xbox.

Step3: press any key on keyboard so pc continue boot up. Now PC will detect the xbox hdd. PC boots normally as usual. IF it takes long time to boot to windows or PC hang, then something are worng. Check your connections, did you connect correctly Xbox hdd to PC?

Step4: Run xplorer360. Go to drive->open->harddrive or memcard. Xplorer360 SHOULD read the harddrive. It will show 5 patittions. You can also goto manager, you should see the xbox hdd in there. If it doesn't, you may have to go to the device manager and have it scan for changes.

step5: partition 4 is E drive, Partition 3 is C drive. Be sure backup everything to PC first before doing anything. Do the RESTORE XBOX HDD TO MENUFACTURING CONDITION that stated above. Or you can modify the hdd if you want.

Step6: Once you've modified the harddrive as you like, turn off the xplorer. Disconnect the IDE cable of xbox hdd and connect the IDE cable from xbox the xbox hdd again. Then turn off the xbox so the hdd can be relock.

NOTE: BE SURE TO RECONNECT THE XBOX'S DATA CABLE TO THE HD BEFORE POWERING OFF YOUR XBOX. NOT DOING THIS CAN MAKE THE HD STAY UNLOCKED, WHICH RENDERS IT USELESS FOR YOUR XBOX. DON'T MESSAGE ME SAYING YOU FUCKED YOUR BOX UP BY IGNORING THIS STEP.

step7: Reboot xbox to see what happen.