1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drkstar

drkstar Guest

GREAT IDEA GUYS. LETS ALL BUY A DS AND PLAY GAMES FROM UP TO 10 YEARS AGO. THATS SOUNDS SO MUCH FUN.
    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE FUN THING.
    BY THE WAY, THE PSP USES UMD DISKS(UNIVERSAL MEDIA DISK) WHICH HAVE A PLASTIC COVER WHICH WILL NEVER SCRATCH OR BREAK. LETS SEE, A 256-512 MEMORY STICK THE SIZE OF A PENNY OR A REAL 1.8 GIGABYTE DISK. THE CHOICE IS CLEAR.ALL OF DS'S GAMES SO FAR ARE SUCKY OR THEY ARE FROM AA PRIOR NINTENDO SYSTEM(NES, N64,SNES,ETC.)COME ON GUYS, LOOK TO THE FUTURE AND GO WITH THE PSP(THE SYSTEM OF THE FUTURE)
    THINK I DONT KNOW WHAT IM SAYING, WELL, U SHOULD TRUST ME CUASE I HAVE THE PSP AND MY BROTHER HAS THE DS.

2. doubledee

doubledee Member

Dynasty warriors is old isnt it. Oh wait so is need for speed 2. Hmmmmmmmm now im confused.

3. doubledee

doubledee Member

The psp i think is just one big gimmick. They made it because they could. Just buy a slim ps2 for 100 dollars less. I think that 100 dollars is a LOT of money!!!

4. philipman

philipman Regular member

Before seeing what the psp could do I was 100% for the DS . But now I have both and I have to say that the psp is much beter than the DS. Don't get me wrong the DS is great but the psp games are better for me. The DS has some good games right now but most of them are crap. The touch screen is why I like the DS. The fact that the psp plays my own movies is great, and the graphics are great too. I have to say PSP all the way.

5. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

Ok Doubledee, so your sayin I should go by a slim PS2 w/ a portable screen (almost an inch bigger than PSP's) not much bigger, and i-pod, and a portable DVD, and something to keep pix,like a digi-camera all together for over a $1,200 ( about pg 9)..What is wrong with watchin a movie on a PSP screen, I dont have problems with it. Anyone who had a PSP step up and tell me if u do, cuz I like watchin Spider Man 2 on mine, o yeah whats gonna be so different from that watch a movie on a DS that they might do ( talkin to DS peeps who talk smack bout the PSP UMD movies)(Yeah thought so), PSP isnt a gimmick, if I was copyin u I would say ok instead of buying a DS I should go buy a GB advance SP with wireless and a screen for my Nintendo Game Cube and a mini AIM chat thing? (all togther about $300 or a lil more)So if u do the math PSP has more value in it .. I just think that PSP would win a battle.. I have read magazines sayin PSP beats DS srry.. Like in my subscribtion magazine outta 8 staff 5 chose PSP and 3 chose DS, on average.. PSP and DS are almost the same except PSP has more features and better quality things on it than the DS.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  6. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

BTW, UMD's ( PSP disk) are cool cuz one I read that they CANT BE SCRATCHED , and also I rather have one than a DS game cuz DS games are so small they you can lose one very easily. The only prob I have with UMD's is that the load cuz they're disk.

7. philipman

philipman Regular member

It also has way better graphics

8. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

I have a question to you DS ppl, Why do u have to make up stuff to make PSP look bad? Like say the battery life is terrible cuz I jus found out that u can get up to 6-7 hours which is more than satisfactory to me. And some ppl making rumors about DS comin out with movie too, ppssshh, I call it JELOUS-EEEEE.. Yeah pictochat is pretty cool, but why would I wanna use it when I can talk to someone 15 away while your playin with them. I would need to chat on a computer by usin AIM, like when I really need to, pictochat is not needed at all... N E ONE IN HERE AGREE W/ ME?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  9. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Ok now lets not kill eachother.

So Why does the PSP use a disk wrather than a cartridge. HMMMMMM lets think about this. Ok if you get a cartridge then you are paying for the casing, computer bord, and the royalties for the game. All that is pretty much the same as a UMD since they have a case. But you do not have to pay for the computer bord just a disk. Basicaly it cost more to produce a cartridge than it does a disk.

The other reason would be storage. a 1.8 gig media in disk format will be cheap compared to a 1.8 cartridge. Since DS games are not 1.8 Gig its hard to see the comparison in the stores. How much memory is put on those anyway? Dollar for GIG a disk is much cheaper. IF a DS games was 1.8 GIG it would cost much more than a UMD. This is the reason PS1/2 use CD/DVDs.

Now I dont care what system you get its a free market. Buy what you want and enjoy it. I just wanted to touch on why "PSP is stupid for using disks. Cartriges are so much better". Cost wise it was a smart move. Cartridges do have advantages, They can load the game quicker for one. But really how much longer is the PSP takeing to load a game. If under 30 seconds then what are you crying about. Instant is nice but plain and simple more storage means more game and graphics. You can not deny that.

Some of you are going to enjoy the touch screen and thing heaven was placed in your hand. Others will see the bright detailed screen and drool until the world floods. Come on now DS VS PSP? The answear is, It's up to the person you are asking. Try one out, if you don't like it then take it back (if you can) and try the other one. It all the matter of the individuals tase in games and how they would like to play them. Now looking at the numbers only the PSP shines brightly. Looking at the features, again its what you like. The touch screen may be gimick to some and god to others. It is a unique feature. The touch screen as well.

If the unit does not play the type of games you like then move on. no need to fight over the issue there is no correct answear. I prefer the PSP because thats what I like. So go on now little ones. Get the system you want and enjoy it.

-Del

10. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

yes part of the reason why the ds's advantage over the psp is because it uses cartridge... I remember one of those guys at IGN saying that if nintendo was to use a cd... then they would have to find some clever way to have this feature while having the same battery lifespan of ten hours "the difference between the psp I'm not sure but by my friends psp, I'm guessing about 6 hours) which isn't bad really. using cartride for portables had to been thought out carefully. both made sacrifices.. I'm guessing one for graphic quality, one for a step to a different direction rather than controller and joystick lol

p.s.
    dont flame me cuz I have a ds and my mom likes it so I gave it to her... and I'm getting mad when she promised the psp, but its not out here yet :(
    in other words I'm getting both

11. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

hey i just sighned up and have you guys heard of getting things free by mailing a document to the makers

12. amu360

amu360 Guest

i think that a nintendo ds is better because the psp is a little too hi tech for wat it is
    all you might need it for is for playing games portably
    if you wanted to watch movies you can get a dvd player and probley you wont even buy umd movies to watch on it
    to listen to music you can get a walkman md player cd player mp3 player or an ipod
    theres no point in wasting your money on a psp when you can buy separate gadgets
    it'll cost you even less

13. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

psp is tha best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nintendo went wrong with the touch screen i dont let enyone use it cause they will dmige it

14. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

15. cool_dave

cool_dave Guest

Well this is a meaningful thread. "How much shit can i make up that other people will believe?". Even the people trying to be rational are making up stuff, pretending to be some sort of authority. Shut your yaps, they're just systems.

Anyone with anything about them will base their choice on the games catalogues. I think it's fair to expect the DS to get the N64 ports and the PSP to get the PS ports. We had that battle 8 years ago, and everyone knows that Sony won by miles despite the N64 having better everything.

"Market share and technical superiority are rarely related" The Independant Newspaper. Read about it here: http://reason.com/9606/Fe.QWERTY.shtml

God, I hate Forums... (so obviously I wont be back to see replies)

16. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp psp

17. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

too long article... I'll rather grab a beer and laugh at you. Cheers.

18. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

WOW GOD has spoken. You have heard it hear. Now get on your knees and pray. (unCool_Dave)

-Del

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  19. munkieboy

munkieboy Guest

hey who knows how to get free stuff from soney??????

20. drkstar

drkstar Guest

try to learn to spell one of the largest electronic companies in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.