1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips dvp642 dvd and divX player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by slovak, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Kayess

Kayess Member

Thanks yromashin,

I reviewed the info, but it seems like that would help for video and audio that is already out of sync on the computer. The video file is in sync when I view it on my computer, but for some reason when I burn it to CD to view on my DVD player it is out of sync. Any remedy for this?

2. Kayess

Kayess Member

I've tried to play some files on the player and they have audio/video sync issues. When I play these files on the computer they play flawlessly with no problems, but when I burn them in data mode to a CD-R or DVD+R for playback on my DVD player most, not all have audio/vido sync issues.
    Anybody know how to fix this?

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

@ Kayess..HAVE U Tried running the file through NanDub.Their have been all kinds of suggestions & referals to this problem throughout this & other forums..most will play fine on your computer without sync problems!!
    I found that if its just a little out of sync U can just hit rewind for a short burst then hit play again.This usually works for me

4. Kayess

Kayess Member

Rick, no I have no idea what NanDub is, I'm really a newbie to this. Can u refer to wherever I can download that program from and some instructional info on how to use it? Thanks.

5. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Kayess,

I am not sure if NanDub does something differently, but I believe that VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod are almost the same. I use VirtualDubMod most of the time.
    NanDub:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ndub/nandub-binary-1.0rc2.rar?use_mirror=puzzle
    VirtualDub:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm
    VirtualDubMod:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdubmod/VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_2_All_inclusive.zip?download

You can read a guide and find my Images to the guide on page 44.

Good luck!
    Roma

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

@ Kayess..just start reading from pg 17 in this group should answer all your questions

7. yromashin

yromashin Guest

In fact, I would advise reading the whole forum, for I have found a lot of good things there.

Roma

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

From all I've read up on NanDub is just a Cadillac version of VirtualDub.I've used VD instructions in ND..

9. darknoth

darknoth Member

Regarding video/audio synch problem for some files. I've experienced this and have trashed a few DVD-Rs trying to rectify this. I used someone else's suggestion, sorry I cannot remember who suggested this, but I hit the "System Menu" button on my Philips DVD642 player (with the latest firmware) and selected the audio option. In there I select PCM from ALL to PCM only. I resumed the out of sync file and viola! Now, I am a newbie at this and before I tried this I saw that the files that were out of sync were encoded using AC3 audio. I don't know much about divx and only bought the player because my desay player couldn't play my wedding video, argument with wife ensued and I bought this on sale and saw the divx logo; which brought me to this forum. I don't have the hardware to re-encode anything, my fastest machine is my work laptop 1.2GHZ!

I joined to input this bit of info in hopes that it can help someone else. I've picked up a lot reading this forum and will continue to do so.

Thanks,
    Simon

10. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick,

Would be great if you explain what you mean under "a Cadillac version."

Roma

11. mhudson7

mhudson7 Member

Audio sync is a common issue with this player and avi. Most of the time you can resync by pausing or rewinding a little. However, flashing the system menu is the most reliable solution.

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

@ yromashin..Better then a Chevy

13. gmtfan

gmtfan Member

Hi guys, I am a new here.
    I read this thread and decided to have a DVP642/37 to play a AVI with subtitle.
    However, the link of upgrade firmware was dead. SO, if anyone still have this firmware in your PC, please upload (Rapidshare, megaupload, mytempdir....) for me.
    Thank you very much.

14. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick,

Still no info in your message.

Roma

15. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

@ yromashin..Holy shit Batman I just figured it out!!!It must mean it has a few more bells & whistles,..OR DA does it mean its a little better

16. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick,

Thank you for the information. Car allegory could be interpreted very differently.
    I have briefly checked NanDub. It needs DivX 3.11alpha codec. It looks like a very easy to use program. If I get the codec, I will try it.

I am trying to fix 2 AVI files which do not work. Something very strange about them. It is a challenge. I have already tried VirtualDubMod, VirtualDub, and AutoGK. No luck. I had no problem fixing many other AVIs using VirtualDub or VDM.

Roma

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2006
  17. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well I hope it works out for ya & thats the cats meow if it does.

18. martymor

martymor Member

I have fimrware 1223 on my dvp642/35 Is this the latest software revistion. I bought this in the summer of 05. Is there any benefit of loading any other firmware on the unit?

Thanks

19. thor999

thor999 Regular member

hey guys sorry if this has been answered already, I cannot seem to get optical audio of this thing, ruled out reciever settings / cable issues, have disconnected rca's and tried it with opt out only, getting no love... yes firmware updated.

20. mhudson7

mhudson7 Member

@marty - don't upgrade if it's working.

@thor - see if pg. 28 of the owner's manual helps.