1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. halofan54

halofan54 Member

thank you 4 telling me and am i gettin a good chip? (or should i just softmod?)

2. halofan54

halofan54 Member

and is there a better chip than this for reasonable price also could any1 give me a link for the cheapest$ 250 gb they no of plz tell soon

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If you want to play on XBL then you need a chip. Softmod doesn't have stealth abilities and you can't sneak around XBL. I would suggest you ge t the Xenium 3 chip.

4. halofan54

halofan54 Member

i wanna now if i get a new harddrive for my xbox will it work ? if not but there is a way to make it work i would highly appreciate ne1 telling me thank you (im close to gettin my xbox modded hardrive is last part im 11 by the way!!!)

5. halofan54

halofan54 Member

ive chosen new chip dms xbitcombined with 120 gb harddrive for $148.00 is this a good deal? im still wondering about harddrive ill wait 4 info on that before i buy thanks

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Sure is. That is included in an xbox right?

Where are you buying this from?

7. pinkpocky

pinkpocky Member

I love your sig Quadratic. I like the quote "F&*k yo couch" from a different Chappelle episode.

Alright, to the point. I have an x3 with the latest bios. I installed it myself and everything has been working great as far as making backups. I haven't touched the HDD yet.

Here is my problem. When I attempt to FTP a disc to back it up it displays the previous disc. For example, I was playing Burnout 3 yesterday. I just got Madden 2006 and I wanted to make a backup. When I put Madden 2006 in, I see the burnout directory via FTP. When I put the Burnout disc in and connect via FTP I see the Madden directory when I FTP. I just reflashed my BIOS and its still happening. I also switched to a different FTP program so that isnt the problem either. I also tried a couple other discs and I always see the previous disc. This happens even when I refresh the FTP directory with the disc in. When I start backing up the madden disc, it works but it thinks its transferring from the other disc.

Anybody ever seen this? I think there is some kind of FTP directory cache on the xbox. Is there a way to delete it if that is the case? I tried rebooting my pc and trying different clients flashfxp and bulletproof. If there is a way to delete FTP cache that may be stored on my PC, that would be cool too. Free beer for any help. Any help or emails would be very appreciated.

Cheers

8. halofan54

halofan54 Member

no but i just found an even better deal from 2 sites 1 for upgrading my harddrive for 20 dollars up to i think 200 gb. other dms xbit chip alone for 44.00 i think its alot better deal is it worth installing myself?
    (i can take apart my xbox takes me 20 min so putting in will be no prob ) can u find be a better deal (will i need to write the bios or download from somewhere) also it sayz does not change orig. functionality of my xbox could i still download games and such after i got a dashboard?)

9. rayukusa

rayukusa Member

Hi folks

I have a evoX chip in my xbox and it plays back up games without a problem. The guy that was backing up my games for me moved away and so I am going to continue backing up my originals myself, so have purchased the pc, got a couple of dual layer dvd writers and have nero, dvd decryptor. (Have read that the software alone will not copy the xbox games)

Just wandering if the the complete step by step at the start of this thread is current and up to date for me, as a complete and utter novice to anything like this, would be able to use to start backing up my originals and if there is anything additional to that guide that I should be aware of...

Thanks in advance

Ray

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

[bold]pinkpocky[/bold]

What FTP program are you using? If it's FlashFXP then that's probably the problem. I used to experience the same problems, but then I changed to WS FTP Pro and everything was fine. I don't think it's your xbox. More than likely it's your FTP client.

[bold]halofan54[/bold]

It is worth it to install things yourself (for the sake of experience). However, make sure you follow correct procedure (putting the mod chip in first, flashing the bios, installing a dashboard). Afterwards, get a bios disc for whatever dashboard you have to install a bigger hdd.

[bold]rayukusa[/bold]

The current thread is up to date.

11. halofan54

halofan54 Member

ty 4 tellin me is the deal on the new harddrive good if u no of a better deal plz tell where ty

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  12. pinkpocky

pinkpocky Member

quadratic. I gave up on backing up madden. Every time i put it in, the xbox thinks its burnout3. this is very wierd. after popping in 10 different discs I realized it only had this problem with madden 06. thanks for the response.

peace

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I don't know of any better deals off hand.

14. shazzamc

shazzamc Member

I have a network cable running through the roof from one computer to the other can i disconnect this from other computer and plug into xbox to burn games

15. skiem

skiem Member

Hi, I connect to the xbox ok using Flash fxp and 8 files show up(C,D,E,F,G,X,Y,Z). If i click on the D file (which i thought was the xbox cd rom) 8 files come up all the time even if there's no game in the drive(obviousally not game files. How do i locate the xbox cd rom?

16. halofan54

halofan54 Member

does any1 know if places that sell modchips affiliate programs actually give u pay 4 what u did? does any1 know where i can get an xecuter3 ce chip( the reason i ask 4 all these chips is my friends r usin me 2 buy them modchips it stinks none have payed me bak yet :( but finnaly im down 2 buyin my chip) with an lcd screen for under 80 bucks? i no im pushin it but im on a budget

17. halofan54

halofan54 Member

do i need 2 buy cables 4 the xecuter3 ce 2 an lcd screen (the lcd screen is optional +42.00$ will it come with the cables?

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That sounds like a Crossover cable. If it is, then sure you can do that.

It's probably giving you the files of the previous game you had in there. I would try using a different FTP program, like WS FTP Pro, to avoid confusion. Some people (like myself) experienced problems like that with FlashFXP and once we changed to another client, it worked fine.

19. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

the below and i keep getting an error please help

i do. Click on File > connection > Connecton wizard
    2. When the Wizard launches > Site Name: Xbox > click on next
    3. Server Address: 192.168.0.3
    Note this has to be the correct IP address you have on your XBOX the above address is the IP address I am using - check what IP address your XBOX is using
    4. User Name: xbox, Password: xbox
    5. Connection Type: FTP
    6. "there is a check box checked "Connect to this Site" leave checked and then Click on Finish
    7. On the Right hand window you will have a Tab called Xbox and you should see the Folders\Directories on your Xbox.

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member