1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

[bold]@ Paco[/bold]

Why does your D.N.S. have numbers? It should be 0.0.0.0.

2. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

OK QUAD, IM GONNA CHANGE "BOTH" DNS ON MY XBOX SETTINGS TO THE ZEROS. I HOPE THAT WORKS. AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE NUMBERS GOT PUT IN. I'LL BE BACK :)...

3. williep90

williep90 Guest

i just downloaded the qwix program, and when I tried to open it alcohol 120 opened up

4. williep90

williep90 Guest

what do i do

5. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest

PACO make sure when you FTP that FTP program's xbox sites I.P. is set as what the xbox one's is

6. omologato

omologato Member

If I use one of these auto installers do I need to download a dashboard seperately or will that be contained within the auto installer?

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well, that's weird. Qwix usually comes in a .zip or .rar file. It isn't like a program that has an installer. Extract it to a folder by itself and execute it from there.

Auto installers install the dashboard.

8. omologato

omologato Member

ok, thanks quad

9. agent11

agent11 Guest

hey guys , im a newbie ,i just installed evolution x dashboard into my xbox wantedn to know if this backups will work in my xbox. i have no intenal mod, just the softmod EVOX . can anyone tell me?

THANKS ALOT

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah you can play backups with the softmod.

11. ganda

ganda Member

Hi there, probably the answer to this question is out there, but I couldn't find it.

I have a Xbox 1.0 moded with a spider chip, with Xecuter2. I have downloaded the iso to my PC. How can put the game working on my XBOX. I can not put the ISO directly to the XBOX HD through FTP? Do I need to use an xISO to extract the files from the iso to the XBOX HD?

I could use some help.

Cheers

12. ganda

ganda Member

Ok I have found that Qwix do the job... The prob now is my Hard drive that is the original one and is to small!!

Cheers

13. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Quad; I changed the two DNS settings on my XBOX to 0.0.0.0 but still no dice. Im gonna install WS_FTP Pro onto my laptop and see that works. maybe my deskstop is on its period...

14. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

XBOXJACK; I made sure that the IP address for my XBOX is correct in WS_FTP Pro. It has to be one of those simple things that you would NEVER think of. Heres to starting from scratch...

15. mincus

mincus Guest

Ok, so I did everything from several guides: FTP'd my xbox to computer, copied contents of disc to computer HD, made an ISO file, then burned it to a dvd with nero. I then tried to take that disk, put it in my xbox, and download it to the xbox hard drive. I use EvoX. When I put in the disc, it seems as though it doesnt recognize it. It says there is no disc, but when I hit B to copy to hard drive, it copies the contents of the disc to the hard drive. I let that finish, but when I go try to play that game, I cant find it anywhere on the hard drive. I'm almost positive it copied it because I watched the xbox hard drive disk space go down. I then tried to look at my xbox files using FlashFXP. Where did I go wrong, and what can I do to fix this problem? Thanks.

16. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Finaly...It is my desktop that is acting like a b!t@#...I installed FTP Pro on my laptop and it works fine... Time to reformat my desktop I guess. 500gb do tend to hold alot of unneeded junk. Thanks to "ALL" for your help...:)

17. agent11

agent11 Guest

hey guys, i have a problem , after i conect my xbox with pc , and go to the D: folder i open it but its empty, so i tried putting in the original game in the xbox to see if it might come out in the folder, but it didn't. could i be missing something in my dshboard or maybe im just doin it wrong, (I have EVOX and used Flashfxp). Can anyone please help me ?, im new to this stuff

THANKS ALOT

18. omologato

omologato Member

make sure that you created an xISO.

19. skoot05

skoot05 Member

hi guys,

i know ive probably missed something whilst searching for the last 2 weeks on how to do so, but how the hell do i burn a back up, onto dvd +r dl???

ive had no trouble backing up onto standard dvd's but have wasted 2 dl disks trying to do so..... i have a couple of games that are 6 gig or so, and i cant delete enough unneeded files to make them fit....

any help would be appreciated guys,

thanks

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

[bold]@ Agent[/bold]

Did you extract the game to E:Games or wherever your games directory is? Also, are you using Flash FXP? Try using another ftp client.

[bold]@ skoot[/bold]

You need a program that supports dvd DL burning, like the new updated Nero or Alcohol 120.