1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT- How To Make an xbox game backup (simple)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xyron, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

HAHAHA dude your confusing me now. Anyway, DOes it take long to transfar files from your pc to the xbox using FTP? (URg dialup)
    I can use dialup right?

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Dialup or whatever doesn't matter at all. You are going to connect them locally either with crossover cable or through a router, it's just done using the FTP protocol. It can take little while to transfer files, but the speed is very fast. In the realm of 10MB/s on my setup.

3. conboms

conboms Member

Hi ive done exactly as jigen says get line status 100/full duplex.but when i connect with flash ftp it connects only for a few seconds then loses connection without showing anything on right hand of screen any ideas sorry if this is answered elsewhere but noob both at forums and xbox
    thanks

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

It's probably not able to establish the data connection. Your firewall might be blocking it, or you may have some other issue.

5. conboms

conboms Member

thank you was the windows firewall.only deactivated mcafee thx its transfering the data now.now the next step lol.ps2 are a lot more simple.
    thx again

6. conboms

conboms Member

hi just 1 more question i can only get speed upto 50KB/s on FlashFXP i tried configuring the lan settings and what little i know of flash but its took over 9hrs to shrek2 [less than 1gb] and still going.any advice of different ftp transfer or configaration of this one as im a pain in the bot at this.
    thanks.

must have done something wrong
    will figure it eventually but any help be appreciated sons bugging me lol

7. muncie21

muncie21 Member

I was able to create the ISO no problem. But when I try to burn it using Nero or DVD Decrypt, I get a message about illegal media or incompatible format.....BTW, I'm using DVD-Rs.

8. conboms

conboms Member

have you tried alcohol 120 to burn it.hope that helps

9. muncie21

muncie21 Member

I switched from DVD-R to DVD+RW and it worked. No idea why

10. xyron

xyron Guest

@conboms

try getting 'cute ftp' , what kind of network do you have your xbox connected?

11. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Just a guess, but perhaps your writer doesn't support DVD-R?

12. conboms

conboms Member

will try cutefxp as flash was no good for me, Tried Clone xb that worked a lot quicker less than 2 hours for 4gb which was a lot better than 12hrs with flash.
    As for network really unsure.also tried craxtion but get a error when trying to run it

only had xbox a few days using evolutionx [i think lol]but really new to it so many apps on it not sure what most are.

Thanks for all your help
    youve been a great help

13. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

alrite, you say that pc cant read the xbox format or watever, how can they burn the iso if they cant read it?
    my friend knows nothing of burning like this, he just bought a new burner and used Nero (i think)... and it works fine on his chipped xbox...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  14. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Well, your friend is either a liar, or he was copying already burned DVD backups to his PC. As the first post on the first page says, there is NO program that will allow you to rip original xbox games with just a PC.

15. bkippers

bkippers Regular member

i was wondering if i can burn an xbox game, can i burn my emulators as well? i wish to transfer them to my friends xbox. and i never yet learned how to ftp.

16. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

You can absolutely transfer emulator files (or any file) from a disc to the Xbox HDD. Use Boxplorer or whatever you have. Just as long as your friends Xbox is modded that is.

17. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

To clarify..i have modded xbox that works fine, newish computer w/ dvd burner. I'm not willing ot hook up my xbox to my computer because they are in discouragingly diff locations

Here is my problem, and i think this will help a lot of people. I dowload games via torrent (bitlord) to make back-ups. Once the game is done dowloading it is usually in a series of Rar files, say 1-12 or something. So I use WinRAR to decompress them by clicking on #1, it then makes a new folder with the decompressed file in it (sniper elite for example), inside the folder is where my problem begins. It will be sniper elite but look like a stack of books (rar) even though it is an iso file (it's description says blahblah.iso, yet it is rarified). ignoring this i tried to burn (using nero) clicking on burn image to cd/dvd on slowest setting, and in the end the Dvd is 'unknown' and doesn't show any files on it. I believe the problem is that the decompressed file must be represented as an iso and not rar...is that correct? if so, how do i get rid of the rar status during decomprssion? Should the final file to be burned look like the stack of books or someting else? -this is key for me to know, Thanks in advance...ps i've read everything and can't find an answer

18. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

@ Jigen
    Well, soo... If you copy an xbox game using this tutorial, after that you should be able to copy the backup version without all that ftp and Qwiz? rite?

19. xyron

xyron Guest

yes thats right, and tell your friend not to show off saying that he copied games(original xbox cds) just by using his pc. ok let me give you a little info, dude if you were bill(computer nerd) and make xbox games and you sell them, you will loose a HECK of a lot of money if you allowed the games files to be read by pc, so what he has done is kinda mazng , instead of writing the game files from inside out he wrote it from the outside in or vice versa, and pc readers read from the opposite side to what it was writen, so the pc CAN NOT read xbox files but xbox CAN so what we(modders) found out was that we are able to connect xbox and pc to transfer files from xbox HD to pc HD or vice versa, and we were able to save our game file in our xbox HD, so hay thare is a link, so we were able to transfer game files from xbox to pc, thus allowng us to compress them into .iso files and brun them which the xboxes were able to read as well as pc. so in the end bill lost them game and we won.

[bold]just for legal issues i have not writen this tut or suppot any of its contents.[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  20. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

he wasnt showing off, i read this tut and he was askin how to make backups... i told him to visit here, hes not very computer literate... soo, he was like "ahh, yeah... ill get my aunty to show me"... i asked how it went and hes like "it was easier than that, juts stick it in the cd writer and click copy"... im thinking "wait- no... it cant be that easy..."... soo, yer... thanks alot for your help... and just to clarify, if its a backup the computer can read it? and if its original you need to go through the process in this tut...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.