1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Hegetaga

Hegetaga Guest

Thanks for the help, now on another note where exactly do i transfer the "files" to on my xbox so i can activate them.

2. stretch99

stretch99 Member

3. stretch99

stretch99 Member

I'm assuming so, but are you sure the cable is good? Has it worked for other operations...? [/quote]Am I using the right cable? I am using the same cable I use to hook my laptop to the router to get to internet access.

Thanks - stretch99

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

stretch99

I'm sorry, I had a typo up top. Small word but big mistake...When I said everything should be "initially it was static" but I meant DHCP.

Just make sure DHCP is enabled on the XBOX (and saved) and the PC 'cause you're using a router and connect eveything and try. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Yes, there could be a static IP used on the network, either the PC or your XBOX or both...that's how mine is even though I use a router but that's because I have so many devices on my network...I like to maintain the internal IP's.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Hegetaga

That depends on what you're transferring. As for what partition, it's usually gonna be E or F. Within those directories there will (should be ) folders indicating "Apps", "Games", etc...

6. roman_g

roman_g Guest

i ftped my xbox to pc
    i did all the other stuff
    i tryed too copy the halo2 to the hdd and it said to large
    how can i fix this problem?
    i deleted all the saved games and it still doesnt work plz help me
    my gt is OCC VINNY
    my aim is Gunit1158
    thank you

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@roman_g

You should post this question in a backup discussion forum here.

In short though...if you're using a stock hdd...you will have to manually delete certain files from the halo disc compilation on your PC after extracting the games .iso file then recreate the .iso once enough has been deleted to fit on the space you have available.

Please don't ask how here though: post and pm me the link to the thread and I'll help you.

8. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

You can shave about half a gig off Halo 2, but you really need a bigger HD IMO. The stock drive is fantastic for what it's designed for, but it sucks to store games on because it's so small.
    You can get 200GB for $91 or less, and with that you'll be able to put a very large collection of games in a portable package ready to play. You won't miss carrying the discs around, and they won't get lost, stolen or damaged.

-----
    i ftped my xbox to pc
    i did all the other stuff
    i tryed too copy the halo2 to the hdd and it said to large
    how can i fix this problem?
    i deleted all the saved games and it still doesnt work plz help me
    -----

9. stretch99

stretch99 Member

[bold]tEChniiQue[/bold, thanks for all your help ... I will try your suggestions and let you know (will not be available to try until Sunday pm. thanks -- stretch99

10. roman_g

roman_g Guest

where do i get a bigger hdd?
    and how do i put it into my xbox?
    how do i manually delete certain files from the halo disc compilation on your PC after extracting the games .iso file then recreate the .iso once enough has been deleted to fit on the space you have available.
    mt gt is OCC VINNY
    my aim is Gunit1158
    thank you
    plz help me

11. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Once you open Halo2 onto your PC you can just delete any files you want. Navigate to that folder and delete the proper files, then transfer it back over to the xbox via FTP or burn a disc if you want by using Craxtion or xISO to create an ISO.
    You can get a bigger HDD anywhere, and most will be ok for the Xbox. I recommend 250-300GB, but get one thats at least 100GB. I usually shop newegg, but I sometimes go with tigerdirect. Either place can hook you up with a huge new HDD for under $100. Putting it in can be tougher if you don't know how to do it, but there are tutorials to help and people that will do it for you if paid.
    If you don't do this you can use balugabutt.com to help with deletions, but it's a pain. It's far easier to get the new drive, load 100 games onto your xbox, and play away.

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Let's remember to stay on topic please. The above is not what this thread was intended for when initiated, Thank you.

I've offered my help on the subject and told you the correct way to post it and even asked you to PM me the post.

Nuff Said, Thanks!!

13. roman_g

roman_g Guest

@tEChniiQue
    how do u pm some1?
    if u have aim its easier to talk to u so u can help me
    thanks tEChniiQue

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Look to the top right of a post window...you'll see a head with an arrow around it...That's the PM icon.

You're welcome ;)

15. xyron

xyron Guest

dude srry bout the chating thing, i had to go off cause my cat had jumped off a roof and fell in my neighbours pool!,

but i finally got to the point where i can succecfully backup xbox games, but i wana know if had created my profile on your website

@moderators
    srry for being of topic.

16. pisimi

pisimi Guest

so where can u download evolutionx the one wit the blue backround i would be very greatfull if u could help

17. H_O_G

H_O_G Member

I have a good question. Is it possible to bridge without any type of mods. And so how........HELP ME TECHNIQUE

18. rccland

rccland Member

i have XBMC and i wana install some emulators like NES or SNES emulators but i dont know where to copy the files can someone help me plz
    thanks

19. blind_man

blind_man Guest

just wondering how i would go about putting a game onto the xbox once i am connected?
    thanx

20. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

First you have to open the ISO if that's what it is and extract all the files and folders into a new folder of it's own. Name the folder after the game for clarity.
    Now all you have to do is to FTP this folder containing the game over to the proper games folder on your Xbox. Restart your Xbox and the game should now appear in your games list ready to play.