1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Korrosion

Korrosion Member

@Tech
    Soz bout your name lol but i dont know how to thank you i got it working and its all up n running :D

2. louie_23

louie_23 Member

hello all,
    i have one question about the static ip's. Does the xbox and the pc must have the same static ip's in order to ftp. this is probably a stupid question but i seriously don't know this sort of stuff. Please help me.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@Korrosion[/bold]
    That response is good enough...glad everything is working for you. Good Job. You're Welcome.

[bold]@louie_23[/bold]

NO. Static IPs MUST be different if the devices on the network or involved in the direct connection are both being used at the same time. In your situation, that applies. So change the last three digits of one of your Static IPs and all should be good. If you don't, you'll probably get a low connection message in the bottom right of your screen.

Scroll up, a couple of my post give examples. Hope that helps.

4. louie_23

louie_23 Member

i got it connected, but now i have trouble because all the folders are empty and furthermore can u show me how to create iso using flashfxp

5. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

HEY tEChniiQue I HAVE A QUESTIONS I SOFTMOD MY XBOX AND EVERYTHING BUT I WAS GOING TO MAKE MY OWN HALO 2 MODS AND IN ORDER TO DO THAT I NEEDED MORE SPACE ON MY HARD DRIVE SO I FORMATED THE E AND F DRIVE AND THEN I HAD ALOT OF ROOM BUT WHEN I TURN OFF MY XBOX IT WOULDN'T LOAD A DASH BOARD

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS SOME WAY I COULD MAKE A BOOTABLE DISK THAT I COULD LOAD ON MY XBOX TO GET UNLEASH X BACK AND RUNNING

EXCEPT FOR HOTSWAPPING I NEED HELP PLZ:(

6. louie_23

louie_23 Member

thanks techinique for everything. u have been a great help and i hope u can continue helping other ppl like me.

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@louie_23
    You're welcome. I'm glad you got connected; now when someone else posts with an issue like yours, you can help them out. *wink*

@SOLRAC555
    Simple fix...rerun the softmod. You can enable about an extra 2GB of space.
    Follow my tutorial: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/222553

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2005
  8. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT RIGHT WHEN I TURN MY XBOX ON IT DOESN'T LOAD A DASHBOARD BUT WHEN I PUT A GAME IN AND THEN TURN IT ON IT DOES WORK
    THAT IS WHY I WONDER IF YOU KNOW A WAY A COULD REBOOT THE MS DASH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
    IF ANY ONES KNOWS CAN SOME ONE TELL ME BESIDES FROM HOTSWAPPING AND FTP BECAUSE I HAVE NO DASH

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@SOLRAC555

So what does show if it's not a dashbard??? The flubber screen and then....

10. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

http://www.yenra.com/microsoft-xbox/

LOOK AT THE PIC THAT IS ALL IT DOES AND WITH THE MICROSOFT DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN IT STILL PLAYS GAMES IF I TURN IT OFF WITH THE GAME INSIDE AND I GOES TO THE PICK AGAIN BUT 7 SECONDS LATER IT LOADS UP THE GAME. sO THERE IS NO WAY I CAN FTP TO THE XBOX BECAUSE THERE IS NO DASH IT JUST STOPS AT THE SPOT AND DOESN'T MOVE IF THERE IS NO GAME.

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

So like I said 3 posts ago, rerun the softmod.

And please stop typing in all it's against forum rules, Thanks.

12. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

I don't get what you mean though

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Softmod your XBOX again. What did you use initially to MOD your system??

14. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

Also my xbox is modded but i can't get to UNLEASH X i didn't use EVO so now tell me i can't even go oline if i try getting the update it takes me to the screen where it says costumer service 21 on the right hand corner.

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I understand exactly what you're saying and have been...somehow, your dashboard or a necessary file from it was deleted. The easiest fix to mod your xbox again.

16. tucker200

tucker200 Guest

how r you supose to mod the halo 2 maps like say i wanted to go super fast what would i do?

17. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@tucker200

Wrong Forum.

18. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

HEY TECH I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN TURN ON MY BOX IT GOES TO THE RED SCREEN AND THE PROBLEM IS 13 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA. BECAUSE I DON'T DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!
    THANKS

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@SOLRAC555

Sure man...should be an easy fix.

Error 13 Deals with your Dashboard. You will need to update your dash. There are a couple of ways. Try using an xbox games, a newer one, to update your dashboard. It can be found on most game discs, especially those made by Microsoft. Or you can use an auto-installer like Slayer to update the dash.

NOTE: If you're gonna ask how to...you might wanna just create a new thread because I don't wanna get too far off topic and PM me the link. Good Luck & I hope that helps.

20. simonuk

simonuk Member

Hi there!

If anyone can help me it would me much appreciated! I am trying to connect my Xbox up to my PC. Using ethernet cable connected from Xbox directly to router. The router is a Belkin F5D7632uk4 if that is any use... and it has an integrated modem. I have ensured that FlashFXP and relevant ports are open on my firewall accepted list but whenever I try to connect it initially connects then says connection lost. Any ideas?