1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card Thread (Mostly Gecube x1950xt)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Jun 28, 2007.

1. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Ok, waiting

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

3. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Your shot's opening now. Gosh - I keep forgetting I'm not the very last guy to play ep2. Should I hit edit and make that last comment a little less of a spoiler?

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

May as well, just in case.

5. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

fixed the spoiler

Ok, here's my shot, then your shot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

ButBut, mine's the smaller picture! :p
    For reference, my frame rate rendering the above image is 25fps.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

I did both of those at 700. But I have all the river shots (beg of [edit] riding shotgun) at 800. Are you still in the game? Do you want to capture the river shot? Here it is again, estuansis' version. (Make sure you switch to crowbar.) It's at the very beginning after the tunnel - the game gives you an automatic save game of course. Just leave the car and jump in the river - you'll come right to it. Estuansis composed it a little better than I - see how the dip in the hills is between those two other trees?

[​IMG]

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

9. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

You know, you're right. Your shot is wider than mine - I could crop yours and then you'd be seeing it the same size. Should I do that to the full size before I drop to 700 for a better side by side - yes I think I should.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

This shot - are you sure it's at the beginning of 'under the radar'? - That starts indoors with the garage, and outside is the autogun. Once that's defeated, you drive through the murky water, past a few buildings, down a few roads and reach the trap house with the hunters. No river in sight, and that's half the section done...

11. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Hah, how'd you do that before me. I just did the same thing. Here they both are again 700 wide - yours at the bottom has been cropped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can you see all the extra detail in yours!! :D I'm dyin for you to get that river shot!!

12. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Duhh! I've been saying Under the Radar, and putting it in the posts - it's the episode before that, Riding Shotgun. I'll get it right one day!

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Then help me find it! lol
    Ok, Riding Shotgun, the beginning of that section?

Oh and I know how much you like shotguns, check this out:
    [​IMG]

Note to mods: Is this considered too graphically violent for minors?

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

15. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Hah Hah! Dude, I LOVE the shotgun for Half Life 2 - I use it half the time, it's my fav right after the combine rifle. I JUST learned in EP2 that you can hit the right mouse button and fire BOTH barrels at once - can you believe I never knew that - I never paid attention to that - that's why they tell you how to do everything again, for dummies like me. So all EP2 I've been right-clicking the shotgun in close encounters of the combine kind. Down they m**f**ing go! Alyx says "Nice shot!" You bet they dive to the ground with two barrels at point blank 4' range. I'm lovin' it.

By the way, when I'm in a hurry sometimes I use shotguns to open boxes, like when Hunters are on my ass. Sometimes I use them to blast manhacks. But a lot of people don't know, I'll bet, that the easiest way to get rid of manhacks is to grab them with the GG and shoot them against the nearest hard object like the wall. Way better than shooting - if you're not too busy with a hunter on your ass to Q quick change to the gg from the combine rifle or whatever you're popping to slow that screaming big b*tch down.

But anyway, why I'm laughing - I looked at that picture of yours with the shotgun, then I read your note to the mods, and I thought - What's violent, did he just shoot that bush? And then I looked closer at the "bush" and you blew a zombie's head off, you evil guy! BAN HIM ... BAN HIM!! Hahahaha! (I thought it was a bush, am I retarded???) Lol

16. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Oh man how'd you sneak that in there while I was ranting about manhacks! MAN OH MAN WHAT A BEAUTY!!!!! Let me post this quick while I take a closer look.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol that's one thing I did know, and used to great advantage. Huge ammo eater though!

The gravity gun method of killing Manhacks just seemed obvious to me, and I've been using it since the very beginning of Half Life 2.
    I didn't think to use the grav gun object kill on the Hunters though - worked a treat for me when I was trapped in the house!

18. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Sam, I saved the full size. I see the one you posted is 1024 - but that stretches all the posts - forcing the use of the bottom scroll to read anything - can you re-size it to 800 wide. By the way, did you ever load Ulead - how's it working for you?

It is almost a shame to post your shot, and not have a link to the full size at the same time, so I think that's how I'm going to do it. What a beauty! I think I said that already - bears repeating. NIIIIICE!!

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, sorry. I presumed 1024 wide would be enough for anybody.
    I haven't really used Ulead for ages, I haven't had the need for it. I still have it though, it will certainly become useful at some point I'm sure.

20. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Ah hah! Gravity Gun throw on the Hunters. Oh, sweet yes! Did you cary an extra radiator down to the basement for today's Hunter battle??