1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. fishily

fishily Member

Oh I forgot to say about animation, animation doesn't show the classic stuttering of xvid-packed bs in the same way real action does (it's still there but south park for example does not show it as much as drawn together). In fact, I don't bother to unpacked animated stuff.

2. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Thank you Fish, I will get cracking with that now.

Later
    Vic

3. stevefox

stevefox Guest

This is what it says about the AVI I put into the AVI checker. Beats me what this all means.

File: E:\HnI\Hajime_no_Ippo_-_36_[Infusion][D5FE64D7].avi
    Total Streams: 2
    Running Time: 0:23:54
    Index Chunk: Yes
    Interleaved: Yes
    Max Bytes Per Sec: 0
    AUDIO: 0 - MP3 (0x55)
    Average Bitrate Per Sec: 127 kb/s
    Samples Rate: 48000 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits Per Sample: 0
    SuggestedBufferSize: 23040
    Sample Size: 1152
    Variable Bitrate: No
    VIDEO: DIV3
    B-VOP: No
    S(GMC)-VOP: No
    QuarterPixel: No
    Frame Size: 640 x 480
    Frames Rate: 23.976
    Color Depth: 24
    Total Frames: 34385
    SuggestedBufferSize: 64962

Elapsed Time 00:00

I have also checked and I don't seem to have Mpeg Modifier Version 1.1.0, is it on the same site as Moitah? I downloaded everything from that site.

Anyway Thanks a lot Fishly, I owe you big time.
    Later
    Vic

4. fishily

fishily Member

1.1.0 is at

http://www.moitah.net/MPEG4Modifier-1_1_0.zip

The output from avichecker looks fine. I see no reason why it won't play.

The output basically says it Divx 3, No packed BS, no GMC, no QPEL, with 128Kb MP3 sound (ok, I know it say 127 but it's bound to be 128).

The yamada will play Divx 3 (even with packed bs) but it's performance is not as good as with Divx 5 (The playback of Divx 3 has supposedly been improved in the 6700). As you know the Divx 3 codecs were hacks of a MS mpeg4 codec and not really legit, also, there were several Divx 3 codecs. I have many Divx 3 files that play back perfectly on the 6600. For example

Running Time: 0:44:06
    AUDIO: 0 - AC3 (0x2000)
    Average Bitrate Per Sec: 192 kb/s
    SuggestedBufferSize: 3840
    Sample Size: 1
    VIDEO: DIV3
    Frame Size: 512 x 384
    Frames Rate: 25.000
    Color Depth: 24
    Total Frames: 66171
    SuggestedBufferSize: 48548

This is Divx 3 with AC3 sound and is fine.

Since it is Divx there is no need for you to unpack the bitstream. The stuttering is mainly a xvids with packed bs problem.

I can only suggest that you get hold of Dr Divx and re-encode. It is simple to use and in 3 clicks will do a decent job of a file which plays on a pc but not on the 6600.

I guess that it from Torrentreactor, and that you have all the eps and the movies. If that is the case, do they all stutter?

5. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

Fish, I was wondering why FoV BSG wasn't playing...I did try a re-encode with Dr Div but on playback the audio sync went screwy after a couple of mins. Eventually found a 1x09_e2fox ver on TRW which plays fine (after the unpack of course!)
    cheers
    Martin

6. stevefox

stevefox Guest

No, I got mine from Boxtorrents I think, I can hardly remember. But no, they don't all stutter on the Yamada, only from like 36 to like 40 something I think.

http://www.boxtorrents.com/browse.php?search=hajime+no+ippo&cat=0

Try this link to find it.

Fishly, I have the Klite MegaCodec pack installed and the files that don't play on my Yamada, do play smoothly in the BS PLayer on my PC.
    I was just wondering if there was a way to get them to play smoothly on the Yamada.

I also used the FourCC code changer and changed the files code type and code source from DIV3 to DIV6 for both boxes. This made the file play smoothly in Windows Media player when before it was Jerky.

Anyway thanks Fishly again, you know your stuff, thanks a lot.
    Vic

7. shortyuk

shortyuk Guest

thanks very much fishily, ive got it working now and ive unpacked b/s on a few xvids that were very jerky they play perfect now on my 6600. Only problem i have now is i have an advanced xvid of manchurian candidate and when i try using modifier i get an error open dml avi not supported at present any ideas ? and by the way thanks again

8. fishily

fishily Member

@Martin
    Dr Divx sorted mine out, so strange that. Oh well.

@stevefox
    Dr Divx is your best hope then, a quick re-encode should sort them out.

@shortyuk
    OpenDML is a advancement on original AVI format and has support for files larger than 2Gb for example. The yamada won't play opendml files. You could try VirtualDub and save it as a ordinary avi, probably, since it can read and write opendml. I have to say at this point I've never had any OpenDML files myself so can help you on how the above is achieved. Or you could try avidemux http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/.

9. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Fishily, you rule. Dr Divx sorted my files out to play perfectly on the Yamada. They do just take a while to encode though don't they? It is pretty long, but worth it.

Thanks a bunch Fish
    Vic

10. bob364860

bob364860 Member

Hi there. I am new to this thread but have been reading it because I also have a Yamada 6600 :) but have a problem.

I have created all of my subtitled films by putting the avi file with the relevant srt file in the same folder. All of my films have worked this way and I have found the quality of the films and subtitles to be exceedingly good.

However, for some reason recently, I have come across a problem where if my film is divided into 2 files (say CD1 and CD2), I find the subtitles work with CD2 but not CD1, though the extension names for the avi files are the same as the subtitle files (with an additional .srt)

Can anybody help me with this problem?

11. bob364860

bob364860 Member

Sorry, just realised I was wrong!

I did not allow CD1 to start as it should. I play forwarded the CD and obviously the text from the srt file did not catch it up on time. Sily me!

12. fishily

fishily Member

@bob364860

Glad your problems solved. If you use subtitles a lot then it might be worth using one of Mtz firmwares (If you don't already) which have superior srt support.

Fish

13. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

If you flash the MTZ firmware and (now don't laugh) Yamada release a new firmware which fixes some stuff, is there any problem re-flashing the official firmware. i.e. does the Yamada firmware check what's already installed and have a fit?
    cheers
    Martin

14. mr_chris

mr_chris Member

Hi

Sorry about this but I am also new to the forum.

I have a Yamada 6700 that is supposed to be able to play Divx files etc..., but the only file I have had issues with so far is a DIVX file. The problem seems to be the same as the XVID problems on the 6600 (ie video stops music continues or visa versa).

Tried using MPEG4 Modifier after downloading .NET etc, but when I click on SAVE (to set the process running) it says - Object reference not set to an instance of an object!

Went back in an too a look at the Video Info and it says - Aspect ratio: Invalid aspect_ratio setting

Ran AVI Check and it says -

Running Time: 1:26:49
    AUDIO: 0 - MP3 (0x55)
    Average Bitrate Per Sec: 116 kb/s
    SuggestedBufferSize: 960
    Sample Size: 0
    Variable Bitrate: Yes (32, 128, 192)
    VIDEO: DIVX
    Frame Size: 544 x 320
    Frames Rate: 29.970
    Color Depth: 16
    Total Frames: 156136
    SuggestedBufferSize: 45712

Elapsed Time 00:00

Could run it through Dr Divx but that takes hours. Any clues?

15. mr_chris

mr_chris Member

Additional info - DrDivx did work, but could do with getting down to the bottom of why the original Divx file would not play and why Mpeg 4 modifier was playing up?

Cheers

Chris

16. fishily

fishily Member

@martin_uk

As far as I know, it would be fine to go back to an official firmware. If there was problems thousands of people would be in the same boat (me included) and someone would work out a way. But like I said I don't think it would be a problem.

@mr_chris

The video code given (DIVX)is for OpenDivX (DivX 4.0 and later) probably project mayo stuff. You could try changing it to DX50 for divx 5 and shove it in to see, but I don't know how much notice the yamada take of fourcc code anyway. Since it doesn't display any file info, I always thought it ignored the code and just tried to play the file. The fourcc code DIVX was that used first before they changed it. My guess is the file won't play on our machines even with its id changed because of the codec. But have a go anyway.

17. bob364860

bob364860 Member

@fishily

Thank you very much. I have just installed the mtz firmware update. It is a big improvement to the subtitles and the menu system looks lovely!

18. fishily

fishily Member

@bob364860

I am away from my yamada at the moment so I haven't been able to try the latest firmware with the extend audio setup so I'm looking forward to installing that firmware on my yamada.

I'm hoping that someone works out how to get the packed bitsteam ability of the 6700 onto the 6600 soon. Then the only thing it would be missing is .sub support and as far as I know the only older player with .sub support took out DTS to fit it in. So will will see.

19. mr_chris

mr_chris Member

@fishily

Many thanks for the info. I report back on how things go.

Cheers

Chris

20. bob364860

bob364860 Member

Hi there!

Does anybody know of a website where you can find subtitles or subtitle files for more or less any film?

My brother told me once but I cannot remember the name of the website. I think it begins with 'k' and sounds very strange!